Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The trolls and rage quitters that report me make me NOT want to play! LPM is stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Requested_Username View Post
    I'm sorry if your crippling aspergers makes it hard to understand when you're being an obnoxious jerk to your team, but if you type like a real human being and not some 12 year old kid who's discovered swear words, accept when you've fucked up instead of blaming your team for everything wrong that happens, and actually act decent towards your teammates then I guarantee you won't get reported nearly as much, and almost never by your entire team unless it's a 4 man stack that hates you. In which case you're basically shit out of luck.
    I mean no offence when I say that in this post, you could be seen as "being an obnoxious jerk", but irony and hypocrisy aside, it's a good illustration of what we're talking about. When it is a cultural norm in the DotA community to be "a jackass", you can forgive the guy for asking for clarification on what you mean. Herein lies the problem, seeking approval, or just seeking to avoid disapproval is a fool's errand, in DotA and you will be reported, irrelevant to what you do or don't do, but for no other reason than that you're matched with beligerant vindictive teammates.
    Last edited by Craig; 12-13-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    To avoid LPQ:

Don't draw attention to yourself
    Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
    Mute all at lvl 1
    Only play in parties
    Get alternate accounts
    Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
    Don't play too well
    Don't play on Sunday or Monday
    Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I mean no offence when I say that in this post, you could be seen as "being an obnoxious jerk", but irony and hypocrisy aside, it's a good illustration of what we're talking about. When it is a cultural norm in the DotA community to be "a jackass", you can forgive the guy for asking for clarification on what you mean. Herein lies the problem, seeking approval, or just seeking to avoid disapproval is a fool's errand, in DotA and you will be reported, irrelevant to what you do or don't do, but for no other reason than that you're matched with beligerant vindictive teammates.
    and again, being reported for no reason is not relevant, if you are a racist dick or intentionally helping the other team tho you have a problem tho

Basic Member
    I agree with this entirely. Something needs to be done about the current state of the report system.

Quote Originally Posted by Brevity View Post
    I agree with this entirely. Something needs to be done about the current state of the report system.
    Then tell me: How does it work, if it's wrong?

Basic Member
    Just don't be an asshole. I've been reported for feeding, not participating and a slew of other things people make up but haven't ever been placed in LP ever. If you're placed in LP you know what the fuck you did. Man up, admit it, and stop trying to bs your way by taking the most recent game where you "carried"

Quote Originally Posted by Brevity View Post

how? Currently if you do whatever you'll still get reported by the one or two vindictive assholes who you just run into, and that's the end of it. On the other hand if you're constantly racking up reports, i.e. by provoking people to be pissed off at you more than normal you will land in LPQ as you should. It's really simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

As much as everyone likes to exaggerate it's rare that you run into a team of 4 vindictive teammates who report you for legitimately zero reason. Of course you'll still run into a couple every now and then, but one report doesn't land you in LPQ. If you constantly piss people off and get reported for it more than everyone else is getting reported, it's clearly your own fault. Not everyone is winding up in LPQ for doing nothing, so clearly the problem isn't that everyone gets reported constantly.

As much as everyone likes to exaggerate it's rare that you run into a team of 4 vindictive teammates who report you for legitimately zero reason
    Actually, no.

The sooner people realise the problem is, the better. If everyone thought report system is working well we wouldn't see everyone saying: "reported".

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyPasta View Post
    Actually, no.

The sooner people realise the problem is, the better. If everyone thought report system is working well we wouldn't see everyone saying: "reported".

We don't see everyone saying reported, we see a vocal few screaming and hollering about how terribly unfair it is that they get reported and thrown into LPQ. Out of half a million players or so, it seems like it's working just fine.