Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The trolls and rage quitters that report me make me NOT want to play! LPM is stupid!

Banned
    The report system is the most useless piece of shit ever to be implemented in this game. I understand that it should make the noobs feel better about themselves, thinking the very mean cyber bully who called them noob after they die 10 times in 8 minutes will be punished, but it only makes it worse for the rest of us. The non-working report system was fine, nobody bitched about that and everybody thought it worked and couldn't give a shit more about it.

Good job Valve, taking something that worked and making it annoying for everybody.

Basic Member
    Yep, Dota2 would be better without report system.

Basic Member
    well, why dont we have a report system like lol... I know its lol and all that, but how veteran players can approve of reports is actually a pretty good idea, and reward them with some items.

I've received around 9 notifications from Valve saying that action has been taken against the players I've reported so I'm actually quite on the fence regarding the Reporting system. The only Qualm I have about it is the last button. People seem to have difficulty distinguishing the difference between INTENTIONAL FEEDING, and a player who is FEEDING DUE TO LACK OF SKILL. The only people I really hate seeing in this game are those who go:

Dumb Pro: OMG
    Dumb Pro: ZEUS NOOB
    Dumb Pro: (PING PING PING) B NOOB
    Dumb Pro: OMG NOOB
    Dumb Pro: STOP FEEDING
    Dumb Pro: UNINSTALL DOTA PLZ

When this could actually be the case:
    Friendly Pro: Zeus you have to play it safe
    Friendly Pro: MitraxX we mean you when we say Zeus
    MitraxX: Oh ok
    Friendly Pro: Try to stay behind your own tower when you're against an enemy.
    Friendly Pro: and don't run in before me.

It's always better to teach and increase game morale over passing on blame throughout the game. Especially when matchmaking decides to throw you a 0 win newbie because the opposing team decided to play in a party where 2 of their players are 25 win newbies.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by knurlhelm View Post
    I fight every game with people screwing the game, lots of them are playing in parties, I solo queue and I haven't been in LPQ, your assumption is wrong, because I'm pretty sure they report me
    +1 same here. I'm a respectful player until someone starts talking shit. I got put in low priority once for abandons, but never for an attitude. I'm pretty sure you have to be a full on sociopath to get put in LPQ for attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post
    I understand that it should make the noobs feel better about themselves, thinking the very mean cyber bully who called them noob after they die 10 times in 8 minutes will be punished, but it only makes it worse for the rest of us.
    Here's the thing: You truly are an asshole and the game is trying to tell you something. The player who died 10 times knows he died 10 times and doesn't need your obnoxious ass reminding him about it every 30 seconds in chat. He didn't die on purpose, he already feels bad about it, and you're an asshole. Keep your mouth shut until you learn basic social skills.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
    I've received around 9 notifications from Valve saying that action has been taken against the players I've reported so I'm actually quite on the fence regarding the Reporting system. The only Qualm I have about it is the last button. People seem to have difficulty distinguishing the difference between INTENTIONAL FEEDING, and a player who is FEEDING DUE TO LACK OF SKILL. The only people I really hate seeing in this game are those who go:

It's always better to teach and increase game morale over passing on blame throughout the game. Especially when matchmaking decides to throw you a 0 win newbie because the opposing team decided to play in a party where 2 of their players are 25 win newbies.
    I agree 100%. I'd rather have some feeders on my team and not that kind of retard any day. Most of the time they are not better and they actually have no clue that's what make it really annoying.

Also Dota is a game when everyone (me included) think they do the right thing and for some other people it's completly dumb because it's not their playstyle (agressive playstyle with a passive guy for example). Perfect example in this topic would be the Naix game of some dude i watched it all. His team was flaming him for 0 participation which was kinda true 0/1/1 out of 19 kills for the team is a low participation. He actually made it up by farming like a boss and winning alone. But at some point his team had the advantage and they started to loose because they took fights 4v5 so in their mind it was Naix fault, in his mind it was them being retarded.
    I kinda agree with him but i can see the point of his team.
    Last edited by Valon; 12-14-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post

OR how about if Valve would implement a PROPER MATCHMAKER THAT WORKED. Add brackets, leaderboards, allow players to play with others at a similar skill level. Stop putting players with 300 wins on the same team as players with 30 wins and this wouldn't be as big of an issue! This is VALVES FAULT, it's natural for players to get frustrated at having to play on the same team as retards.

Encourage VALVE to fix their terrible matchmaker and stop blaming the players.

just dont chat. system fixed.
    now was it so hard?