Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: [Feedback] Chat Sounds is Terrible

It's a neat feature but.. god.. that "clicking" is just godly awful.. Good idea, bad implementation. I really hope Valve can make either a better sound or an option to disable it -_-

Though it's very helpful since it can always alert people when they're unaware or something, it still is very irritating. I agree with putting an option to disable it, OR lessen the volume. It hurts a lot when you're wearing good headphones, especially the first few times I heard it.

I love the click thing. It was annoying for about 10min but it's been very useful.

However, we should still be able to turn it off. At least for replays anyway. Valve is prob trying to force people to at least try it out for a while since everyone would prob turn it off immediately otherwise without even giving it a second thought.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Invoqwer View Post
    Valve is prob trying to force people to at least try it out for a while since everyone would prob turn it off immediately otherwise without even giving it a second thought.
    Yeah, everyone is 8 years old and Valve has to decide what's best for us.

Basic Member
    You could just stop complaining and use one of the methods provided for disabling it. Also, the devs have stated there will be something done about it in the next patch.

glad we can disable it now, but its still not the issue with the sound effect, the sound effect itself just isn't very good.