Thread: Invoker's Invoke sound effect.

Basic Member

Invoker's Invoke sound effect.

In DotA 1, you can't tell when Invoker invokes a new spell, however, in DOTA 2 you added a sound effect to this, which warns the enemy players about Invoker getting a new spell and react accordingly if they're good and watch your orbs. This provides a disadvantage he doesn't have in DotA 1, I suggest you make the sound effect available to your own team only.

+1 Agreed.

Dota2 Invoker
    stealth buffs: invoker has a badass character, voice, visuals; invoke list lets you check spell effects e.g. tornado lifting for 1.4 sec*; invoke can be set to D and F
    stealth nerfs: enemies can see your invoked spells, your invoke cast, and your sunstrike casts

The sad part is that the spell-effect-checking and the DF-invoke keys are totally NULL for veteran invoker players. I myself already know the spell effects e.g. how much damage sunstrike does per level off-hand (100 + 62.5). And I use legacy so DF is useless. ZXCVBFGTY all the way.

So I am left with a cool looking invoker port and two nerfs. Not sure if it's worth it. But damn he looks badass with a cape/hood...

They can't actually see your sunstrike casts, though.

They can only see it when it has come down.

Invoke in dota 1 probably makes no sound for some engine limitation. This is no big deal, if you are a decent player you'll notice that suddenly invoker is changing all his orbs, probably to make a new invoke. If you are good enough, you can figure which spells just by looking at his orbs. You could guess that in dota 1. I don't think it's game breaker, you can hear a lot of other hero skills all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiam View Post
    They can't actually see your sunstrike casts, though.

They can only see it when it has come down.
    you see it when he casts it. He will push both arms in front of him, something like that, as he casts any spell.

- also, you can check invokers invoked spells by cliking on him -nerf
    - also, you can SEE and HEAR when he invokes something new -nerf
    League / Ranking - NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by alessandrouw View Post
    Invoke in dota 1 probably makes no sound for some engine limitation.
    Really guys. Stop talking about engine limitations when you have no idea.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    yeah as an invoker pro i don't think this is a cool thing speaking for all invoker players.