Thread: Pudge + Blink Dagger sound

Basic Member

Question Pudge + Blink Dagger sound

Today i found on www.dota2wiki.com strange sound. http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Pudge_responses there is sound when pudge buy blink dagger... (For slowpokes pudge cant do this, as vengeful spirit.) I just want to know, for what are you doing this? (Sorry for my english)

I think Valve is just being ready for a possible change in the future.

Basic Member
    It will be funny...

Basic Member
    there is aghanim replices for every hero

Basic Member
    I hope they add blink for venge and pudge. It's no more unfair then fountain hooking and they can do similar things with force staff.

Quote Originally Posted by whaleye View Post
    I hope they add blink for venge and pudge. It's no more unfair then fountain hooking and they can do similar things with force staff.
    Its not the "similar things with force staff" its the fact that you can literally hook people into the trees, granted this is doable in OMG mode with hook/blink, except its not as dangerous to you. With a blink dagger if done right, its not the 1300 movement, its a possible 2300 due to being able to blink back after the hook has latched. and venge's swap with a shift queue blink is basically a guaranteed hook if done quickly enough. Fountain hooking takes timing and coordination, this is basically a free pass of positioning for two of the most position intensive heroes in the game. It'll happen, since icefrog HAS been brooding over this for quite a long time just as he has done with the aghanim's scepter since it was changed. Just need to figure out how to balance it, whether to disallow blinking after swap/hook, or cause hook to clear trees if there are any. The sticking people on the cliffs with force staff is small-time and carrying a simple tp, or getting some form of movement is simply how to deal with the people who wish to grief via these means.

You are the slowpoke here mate, known thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Quote Originally Posted by Synth View Post
    Its not the "similar things with force staff" its the fact that you can literally hook people into the trees, granted this is doable in OMG mode with hook/blink, except its not as dangerous to you. With a blink dagger if done right, its not the 1300 movement, its a possible 2300 due to being able to blink back after the hook has latched. and venge's swap with a shift queue blink is basically a guaranteed hook if done quickly enough. Fountain hooking takes timing and coordination, this is basically a free pass of positioning for two of the most position intensive heroes in the game. It'll happen, since icefrog HAS been brooding over this for quite a long time just as he has done with the aghanim's scepter since it was changed. Just need to figure out how to balance it, whether to disallow blinking after swap/hook, or cause hook to clear trees if there are any. The sticking people on the cliffs with force staff is small-time and carrying a simple tp, or getting some form of movement is simply how to deal with the people who wish to grief via these means.
    I wanted to write: "Simple adding of self-damage to Swap&Hook would do the deal of not blinking afterwards", but then I realized that self-damage doesn't disable dagger. However, something is surely can be done with that when dota 2 will be released and there will be no need to maintain forward-backward compatibility.
    (Both standing hard lines solo, wr and clock)
    Ars-Art: nice dota, mini
    Mini: yeah. how r u?
    Ars-Art: tower is my best friend

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWilder View Post
    You are the slowpoke here mate, known thing.
    Yeah he's right, that line has been there since the beginning of this year (that's when Pudge got new lines I think). Venge also got one recently (not that recently, a while ago infact), basically it means nothing. Valve are just doing what any good developer does and secure themselves for the future. There's always a possibility they may be able to use it one day, but that has nothing to do with Dota 2 voice lines.

It's there, just in case they ever decide to enable Blink Dagger on Pudge. This has been brought up a couple of times before, closing this.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.