Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why on earth Do is this game a huge money sink?

Banned

Angry Why on earth Do is this game a huge money sink?

I just want some clarification. I have opened about 2-300 chests in my entire time of playing Dota 2 and Only obtained a Unusual smeevil. I am a collector and want unusual couriers but at this point I might not ever open another chest. why cant you add a mechanic where after opening chests and getting commons/uncommons your chance becomes greater on the rarer items till you get one and than resets? Really, I have no Idea why this is such a pain in the ass. Why cant I just purchase what unusual effect and courier from the store? Instead I have to mindlessly toss money at my screen and hope I get what I want. Does valve really think this is fair? I have spent from 4-500$ on this game and I think I might be entitled to an explanation to these mechanics. Other mobas in this genre do not practice the same mechanics. They just make the item purchasable over a limited time.

Recently a streamer opened 500 chests live, got zero unusual's?

I think the mechanics are fucked valve.
    Last edited by Thepersiangamer; 12-23-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Basic Member
    love these threads

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersiangamer View Post
    I just want some clarification. I have opened about 2-300 chests in my entire time of playing Dota 2 and Only got a Unusual smeevil. I am a collector and want unusual couriers but at this point I might not ever open another chest. why cant you add a mechanic where after opening chests and getting commons/uncommons your chance becomes greater on the rarer items till you get one and than resets? Really, I have no Idea why this is such a pain in the ass. Why cant I just purchase what unusual effect and courier from the store? Instead I have to mindlessly toss money at my screen and hope I get what I want. Does valve really think this is fair? I have spent from 4-500$ on this game and I think I might be entitled to an explanation to these mechanics.
    Well if you want something that's rare of course it's gonna be hard to get, else it wouldn't be rare. And if they add it to the store that also decreases its value. And I have no idea why anyone would pay that much money for cosmetic items. Don't get me wrong I love my items. During diretide that was all I'd play just for the guaranteed item. But this i ridiculous.

I also opened between 0-1000 chests and I'm so furious I only got 1 rare from that DireTide chest.

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    love these threads
    Want some of my popcorn too while watching?
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    boy im glad all these qualified and educated game designers have come to the forums to help dota 2 grow

Basic Member
    there is an entire economy behind these collector items, you could easily buy any unusual you want for 25 to 1000 keys each, depending on its rarity, or you could gamble and try to get it off of chests, which is unadvisable

those $500 you spent could have bought you 200 keys instead and went and bought every single sunfire courier for 20 keys each, every single diretide courier for 20 keys each, or every single non legacy original effects couriers for about the same price

the only ones that will actually require an investment are the legacy couriers (150 keys each) the tournament unique ones (smeevil, lockjaw, the defense 2 wardog) for about the same price and the golden baby roshan for 500 keys aprox

Basic Member
    Introduce prd for opening chests )))

Basic Member
    Valve should clearly state in the treasure description that this is a gamble and not a guarantee for rare items if u open enough of them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggan29 View Post
    Valve should clearly state in the treasure description that this is a gamble and not a guarantee for rare items if u open enough of them.
    For who is that not clear already? o.O it clearly says it has a >chance< to include one of the items it lists.

Basic Member
    for the op