Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1050

Thread: Fps drop, why dota 2 lags, here's the reason, now valve you fix it

I don't know why but I seem to be one of the few ones not hit by this patch.

After Dota 2 ran terrible on my 780M (new laptop!!), I switched to integrated graphics while playing it and VOILA CONSTANT 60 FPS ANY TIME AND EVERY TIME. Even after the patch it remained the same for Intel HD graphics!

Also, I have an older laptop which only ran on HD graphics 4000 (and a weak i5 - 3317U processor lolol) and it still maxes Dota 2 and gives me a steady 40 fps....

Basic Member
    same problem here

Basic Member
    omg, I stop playing because of this problem, it has been a month now I think

Basic Member
    I would like to post my thoughts to this thread as to since recently, my dota 2 becomes unbearable to play and I end up closing dota 2 out completely because this is so frusterating and even when I come back to the game, my team feeds me to the enemy plus the lag ontop is really shit. So basically, I have followed all the steps regarding the OP. I used all the programs the OP mentioned via Advanced System Care 7.0, CCleaner, Defragger. I just installed Driver Sweeper but I am not sure how much good that will do since I just installed the latest drivers for my graphics card, I will post my system and internet specs at the end of this post. Basically, I know this laptop runs hot as it is an HP with a dual core processor threaded to a quad core. Within 6 months of purchasing this laptop last year, I had to send it back to HP to get a cooling fan replacement because it burned up. Recently within the past 2 weeks, my laptop started running extremely hot to the touch again so I ended up taking my laptop apart since it is not under warranty anymore. There was some hair and dust where the cooling fan was so I cleaned it as best as I could with a Q-Tip and blowing on it because $8 for a can of air is too damn expensive. I put my laptop back together and the lag seemed to be a bit better but my laptop kept overheating so I recently purchased a cooling pad called the X3 Cooling Master, which since I have used it, my laptop barely runs hot. My lag is still shitty in game even with all the property commands and the in-game console commands. I don't know if the lag is server sided or if it really does have something to do with my laptop/internet specs. I constantly played Dota 2 for the past year on WiFi when someone in my game was using the same ISP I was mentioned Lag Latency issues as my ping is 60. I am reinstalling Dota 2 right now and after that is done reinstalling I will wipe another registry with CCleaner. The -9e3dx command for the properties I eliminated because it takes longer to switch out of the game to another process via Firefox when the command is enabled. I will post my specs now of the laptop I am using and ISP. I have also used 3rd party softwares such as Razer Gaming Booster, which doesn't seem to fix the lag either. I tried switching to an ethernet connection but the lag still exists and it seemed to be less laggy on WiFi? I don't know how that makes sense since I heard ethernet runs games by 10FPS faster? I logged into my modem via IP and reset wireless devices, cleared a bunch of data, and reset the modem via web browser. That didn't seem to do anything either. I am usually able to play on US East/West no problem but it's nothing but laggy games no matter when I decide to play.

Laptop Specs
    -HP Pavilion Laptop G7 2124 NR
    -Intel i5-3210M Dual Core Threaded to Quad Core Processor
    -Intel HD 4000 Graphics Card
    -640gb HD
    -6GB Memory(RAM)
    -Windows 7 Professional SP1

ISP Specs
    -AT&T Uverse
    -Fastest Connection Possible (In Austin Area)
    -Motorola Evvire Modem
    -Speeds according to Speedtest.net: 52ms/Ping - 13.78MBPS Download Speed - 2.65 MBPS Upload Speed

External Devices
    -X3 Cooling Master Cooling Pad
    -Razer Naga Hex Mouse
    -Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Gaming Headset

Update: Surprisingly I played a game finally after tuning all my settings back to normal and no lag what so ever! [knock on wood] major props
    Last edited by ebs512; 11-28-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Basic Member
    Hello To all I have a GTX 465 ichill edition im having a sudden change in my FPS from 60 to 3 @_@.. trying it in others Games The card is Good... and when playing in dota 2 my card temp is 38deg my ping 86ms
    So definitely its nit the net issue or temp issue its the game itself.. dota 2 is only a mid range Game it will not stress a GTX465 Previously i have a gts 250 and i do not encounter a problem like this.. any one have a solution on this TIA.

Basic Member
    I am so glad to meet you ppl here today i quit dota 2 like 6 months ago due to this issue and it seems after my post and ramblings and getting banned in this forum for accusing valve , they still dont have a clue as to why laptop heats during the game or regarding the incoming packet issue. anyways good luck ppl keep screaming nobody is hearing you ^_^ cherers

Basic Member
    yup same problem here!

Basic Member
    The rarzor game booster for some reason seems to fix the incoming packet issue for some reason i suggest ppl to try it

Basic Member
    I get low fps and the reason is whenever new entities get spawned on the map, starting with the courier and so on. Even when the enemy team buys or upgrades their courier I get a stutter of the image and a fps drop, so I know what just happened. Or when Roshan respawns..

Basic Member
    Hey guys,
    Found this simple fix here : https://youtu.be/pVO8Hn7BrI0