Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: The mode is to random to have any value

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBeoulve View Post
    And you are getting free items from an event that should not even be there right? And you are complaining about it...
    Quite ungrateful my friend, since even when you lose you get items.

    Next time let's make a petition so Valve never make events like that anymore in the history of DotA. Probably people will be happy having nothing on their hands to complain.
    Glad to know we have to make excuses for Valve's inability to create a balanced and fair event for people. Just a testament to what they can't do outside things that came from DotA One. Getting Santa Hats for Killing Sprees was easily a christmas event in DotA One. All Valve is doing is creating events to release new chests and inflate the Greevil Market.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBeoulve View Post
    And you are getting free items from an event that should not even be there right? And you are complaining about it...
    Quite ungrateful my friend, since even when you lose you get items.

    Next time let's make a petition so Valve never make events like that anymore in the history of DotA. Probably people will be happy having nothing on their hands to complain.
    Look son ... if I wanted to play something completely reliant on luck I would just toss a coin. Takes less effort time and money. And no I am hardly getting ANY items. All I get are essences. But that is not the point. Why make a game mode and not put any thought into it?

    Is it fun to you to play a sniper with 2 refresher orbs vs sven who got all his core items based on luck? If it is my friend then you have issues.


    Boots are random and some are completely not suited for some heroes
    Items are random and you can lose a winning game because they got 3 divines FROM THE CHESTS YOU PICKED UP!

    Look I really like Valve. They are great. But mindless droning of yours wont make them better.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by obro View Post
    Look son ... if I wanted to play something completely reliant on luck I would just toss a coin. Takes less effort time and money. And no I am hardly getting ANY items. All I get are essences. But that is not the point. Why make a game mode and not put any thought into it?

    Is it fun to you to play a sniper with 2 refresher orbs vs sven who got all his core items based on luck? If it is my friend then you have issues.


    Boots are random and some are completely not suited for some heroes
    Items are random and you can lose a winning game because they got 3 divines FROM THE CHESTS YOU PICKED UP!

    Look I really like Valve. They are great. But mindless droning of yours wont make them better.
    Well said, don't forget about the crap action "items" that we get. lol
    Last edited by Korthac; 12-21-2012 at 05:05 AM.

  4. #54
    Basic Member BJSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    697
    Why didnt they allow us to give those items to other heroes?

    Also one more thing about luck. I spent 20 mins in queue for this event just now. Why? Because this event is not compatible with russians and I dont know wtf is wrong but they simply cant load the game. 20 MINS IN QUEUE even though MM found me 5 games... thats not normal.

  5. #55
    Basic Member TrickeyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by stbash View Post
    Fun game mode were everyone gets items at the end is serious business. /endthread
    You again...

    Fun can be described differently by every person you ask. Fun for me is a balanced gamemode, not some half-assed unpolished gamemode based on luck.

  6. #56
    Basic Member BJSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickeyD View Post
    You again...

    Fun can be described differently by every person you ask. Fun for me is a balanced gamemode, not some half-assed unpolished gamemode based on luck.
    For me fun would be if they ignored this event and instead released all remaining heroes. But since new heroes are not dumb looking cosmetic items they are not priority for valve.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by BJSV View Post
    For me fun would be if they ignored this event and instead released all remaining heroes. But since new heroes are not dumb looking cosmetic items they are not priority for valve.
    I wish they would just give us the gifts for playing Normal DotA. There is nothing wrong with that and changing the enviroment. Right now DotA is becoming something that IS NOT DotA. These events are sheer proof of that and besides.....THEY HAVE A GAME TO FINISH!

  8. #58
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBeoulve View Post
    And you are getting free items from an event that should not even be there right? And you are complaining about it...
    Quite ungrateful my friend, since even when you lose you get items.

    Next time let's make a petition so Valve never make events like that anymore in the history of DotA. Probably people will be happy having nothing on their hands to complain.
    you do not seem to understand that the basis of dota since the start was gameplay, not fucking cosmetics.
    I give no shits whatsoever about items, i dont care that the mode gives me free items. What i was expecting from a gamemode that took manpower away from dev of the normal game was to give GOOD GAMEPLAY.

    99% of those who like this game are traders, or people who bought a good greevil and there they get good items/they win.

    This is what i feared, i dont want dota to become like tf2 and get completely ruined because of stupid aesthetics that will ruin everything else.

    EDIT: oh yeah, and the fact that your greevil will be shit no matter what if you get bad spells since the start is horrendous.

    Decrepify/leech seed/natures attendents.
    Seriously, what is this shit, its like playing a watered down chen.

  9. #59
    Basic Member BJSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by Korthac View Post
    I wish they would just give us the gifts for playing Normal DotA. There is nothing wrong with that and changing the enviroment. Right now DotA is becoming something that IS NOT DotA. These events are sheer proof of that and besides.....THEY HAVE A GAME TO FINISH!
    I agree, but as you can see items are priority for valve. Even punishments for ruining the games is that you wont receive items. Its idiotic and its bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •