Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lack of sound

Basic Member
    I too had this problem until I restarted steam (make sure there's no steam.exe running in the task manager). Restarting it, it downloaded an update for dota 2 and now it works.

Basic Member
    After 600mb update it seems to be fixed , but whole day without playin nvm but it works now

Basic Member
    Well, mine still doesnt work.

I thought my sound card finally died or something, that's what it's like. Sounds will just cut off but specific groups like background music/ambient sounds or voices or spells- either all cut off or none.

Basic Member
    Ok, i found the problem on my end.

I was using the launch option -language %english to force dota2 in english while mantaining steam in my first language.

Apparently after the 31st January patch this is no longer supported and cause the game to fail to load the heroes and announcer sound files.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sf4tt View Post
    Ok, i found the problem on my end.

I was using the launch option -language %english to force dota2 in english while mantaining steam in my first language.

Apparently after the 31st January patch this is no longer supported and cause the game to fail to load the heroes and announcer sound files.
    Do you know another way to set the items language to english without changing the steam language?

-language english should work. Not sure why you had a "%" in it.