Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lack of sound

Basic Member

Lack of sound

I have been experiencing a lack of sound after the last update. I can not hear my hero speak and whenever I get killed or kill, I can not hear the others' response. The hero sounds overall seem to be disabled, because even when I buy an item, which is favoured by the hero, I get no response... the game feels lonely and somewhat empty without the witty remarks of a hero killing another and etc... even if I do like the new anouncer. Please, give me my hero sounds back

Basic Member
    I got this same problem after the 2gb update today. Verifying game cache or reinstalling the game didnt help.

Basic Member
    yup, verify cache, restart steam and you should download an extra 600 MB

Same here. Verifying game cache or reinstalling the game didnt help.

Basic Member
    Same here.

In addition:

after the patch dota_speech_level was set to 0, i tried to change it to 2 but it hasnt solved the problem

Basic Member
    i have not heard any unit speach or announcer since the update. in my options audio tab for unit speach there are 3 boxes (off) (events) (off). there are 2 buttons for off and no button for on. I can understand this causeing my unit speach to fail but not the announcer as well. please help/fix

Basic Member
    Where is the other thread about this ? what is hapening ?

Basic Member
    how many threads we need to see for someone to respond at all ? : ( i rly want to play after work at least when i can , and i cant play now , so frustrating -.-

Basic Member
    This problem might be affecting a small amount of people but its very annoying not receiving a single update on the subject.

After reinstalling the whole game i still have the same issue with the voices of heroes and announcer completely missing.

It might be worth mentioning that this morning at around 12 CET, BEFORE trying to reinstall the whole game. i've downloaded the 2giga patch. The second patch (the 540mb one) NEVER popped, steam never even tried to download it even after several steam restarts and game cache checkings.

Basic Member
    yes I am having the exact same problem as you guys after the 1/31 patch. no unit/hero/announcer sound, so I basically have background sound and other ambient noises. It is quite frustrating as the game is not really fun to play anymore. I hope they fix this soon. I also verified my cash and it did nothing.

UPDATE: After closing steam down and restarting, the sound seems to have fixed itself. I could have sworn I had shut out of steam but now that I think about it I never actually shut it all the way down. I would suggest yall to do that if you already haven't.
    Last edited by grimly; 02-01-2013 at 12:44 PM.