Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TAB when selecting only your hero won't work on illusions.

Basic Member

TAB when selecting only your hero won't work on illusions.

This might be intended, but whenever I used to spawn illusions and wanted to send them in different directions e.g. I activate an illusion rune and I want to use the two illusions to scout the rune spots, I used to select my hero, TAB -> send one illusions to the top rune, TAB -> send the other one to the bottom rune. This could be pulled off very quickly and it was very comfortable. Now it doesn't work anymore. Selecting your hero and pressing TAB will not switch you to your next controlled unit if that unit is an illusion.

Making this clear: I'm not talking about control groups. I'm talking about switching to an entirely different unit by pressing TAB.

The function works regularly with any other unit controlled / summoned (e.g. helm units, necro units). It won't work specifically on illusions, whether they're summoned via Manta, via the hero's skills, or via runes.

i also posted something like this
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...105#post420105
    and yeah i hope they turn it the way it was.

Basic Member
    It also doesn't work with eidolons, and I think treants. As in you can't cycle through each of the separate eidolons with TAB, instead it will cycle between all your eidolons and enigma. This is annoying for jungling, when I want to reset the aggro of the lowest HP unit, but I can't tab through my units to select one, and have to click or drag a box to select it. It sounds like it's this way for units of the same type? I also wonder if this is intended/a WC3 thing.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by assteepee View Post
    It also doesn't work with eidolons, and I think treants. As in you can't cycle through each of the separate eidolons with TAB, instead it will cycle between all your eidolons and enigma. This is annoying for jungling, when I want to reset the aggro of the lowest HP unit, but I can't tab through my units to select one, and have to click or drag a box to select it. It sounds like it's this way for units of the same type? I also wonder if this is intended/a WC3 thing.
    That's even worse than I thought. No idea why this isn't high priority.

Basic Member
    +1 its hard to control illusion...
    need reverse this

Basic Member

this is hardly a problem to begin with but would create many problems if changed.

Anyone who has played meepo/chen/enchant on a team with a disconnected player knows that the tab cycle need to be as tight and clutter free as possible. An illusion rune would be worth ignoring for them if this change were put into effect. This is also evident on heroes that use necrobook to a lesser extent.

If you want my advice i use the "CTRL to move all controlled units" command to move illusions to a spot, then i select hero and move him where i want my hero to go. Easy split done with 1 key and 2 clicks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papp View Post

this is hardly a problem to begin with but would create many problems if changed.

Anyone who has played meepo/chen/enchant on a team with a disconnected player knows that the tab cycle need to be as tight and clutter free as possible. An illusion rune would be worth ignoring for them if this change were put into effect. This is also evident on heroes that use necrobook to a lesser extent.

If you want my advice i use the "CTRL to move all controlled units" command to move illusions to a spot, then i select hero and move him where i want my hero to go. Easy split done with 1 key and 2 clicks
    First, it was fine before and now it's broken. I didn't "create many problems" when it used to work correctly

If you play Meepo / Chen you set control groups for your units. Everyone's always been fine with it.

Unified Orders sucks.

If this is getting changed intentionally to make TAB only rotate through unique units, no Eidolons, no Treants and no Illusions, then there better be a statement about it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    First, it was fine before and now it's broken. I didn't "create many problems" when it used to work correctly

If you play Meepo / Chen you set control groups for your units. Everyone's always been fine with it.

Unified Orders sucks.

If this is getting changed intentionally to make TAB only rotate through unique units, no Eidolons, no Treants and no Illusions, then there better be a statement about it.

maybe you should just learn to use control groups yourself then? sounds easy enough.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papp View Post

maybe you should just learn to use control groups yourself then? sounds easy enough.
    Maybe you should stop acting like an imbecile and understand that this is an issue that needs to be fixed. It's a bug. You either don't understand what a bug is or you're trying to make a fool of yourself. Now get out.