Thread: [Confirmed] Omnislash & Blackhole interaction

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Omnislash & Blackhole interaction

Quote Originally Posted by Belarion View Post
    As the other omnislash thread came up, i tested the dota 1 behavior.

black hole does indeed pull jugger during his ultimate just like i expected. this means in dota 1 there are no bonus slashes during black hole (normal slashes are of course unaffected), in dota 2 black hole is ignored completly, so jugger deal bonus attacks. this would be a bug
    If Dazzle uses Poison Touch on Juggernaut and he uses Omnislash should the one second stun stop the Omnislash? Today I saw a game where Juggernaut Omnislashed Enigma and he used Black Hole and the Omnislash was cancelled. The changelog tells absolutely nothing about Juggernaut. Shouldn't he be invulnerable during Omnislash? It should remove every debuff while Omnislashing.
    Last edited by blash365; 01-05-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: added belarion's test

Black Hole goes through magic immunity, this means that whatever you're doing and no matter which itens you have, if you are at Black Hole's AOE you will be pulled.

"I come for souls."

Basic Member
    He is talking about Omnislash not BladeFury.

Omnislash regular Slashes should not stop, never, under no circumstances while there are still valid targets, also BlackHole won't damage invulnerable units, about the Pull I am not sure on this one but I think it DOES NOT pull invulnerable units so Yurnero won't be affected by Black Hole during Omnislash.

Basic Member
    Yes nothing should stop omnislash. and i can confirm that black does not stop omnislash in dota 2. it is working correctly in my test, so match id + timestamp.

@shamanics i would guess it does pull jugger during omnislash (atleast in dota 1), which is of course pretty irrelevant in reality as the trigger moves and lets him attack every .4 seconds anyway, regardless of any pull. Though i could imagine that black hole stops the bonus attacks, but i'm too lazy to investigate (both dota 1 and 2)

Don't think jugg receives omnislash buff until after his first hit so maybe OP's enigma casted black hole before juggs first hit got in which would cancel it? And no black hole doesn't pull invulnerable units in dota 2 as seen in many naga fail vids

Basic Member
    As the other omnislash thread came up, i tested the dota 1 behavior.

black hole does indeed pull jugger during his ultimate just like i expected. this means in dota 1 there are no bonus slashes during black hole (normal slashes are of course unaffected), in dota 2 black hole is ignored completly, so jugger deal bonus attacks. this would be a bug

Basic Member
    It would be much better to investigate if you'll provide matchid and time of the game where that happened, OP.

Omnislash (itself) is supposed to be stopped only by lack of appropriate targets in range while slashing (other than completing all slashes, obviously). Common way to stop Omnislash is to use Ghost Scepter to become ethereal (ethereal units are physical immune and can't be targeted by slashes), maybe that's what happened in your case?
    Last edited by Sprinter220; 12-26-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage