Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Nyx [Spiked Carapace] affects juggernaut while he is Omnislashing

Basic Member

[Fixed] Nyx [Spiked Carapace] affects juggernaut while he is Omnislashing

Quote Originally Posted by Belarion View Post
    Summary: When using Omnislash on a Nyx Assassin with activated Spiked Carpace, Juggernaut gets stunned and the first slash gets blocked. Also there are no bonus slashes during the stunned duration. This does not hapen if Carpace is activated during Omnislash.

Repro:
    1. Get Level 4 Carpace and Level 3 Omnislash (+att speed if you want)
    2. activate Carpace
    3. use Omnislash

Result:
    Juggernaut shows the stunned debuff, the first slash gets blocked, no bonus slashes, normal slashes are working fine

Expected Result:
    Juggernaut ignores the Carpace (just like when Carpace is activated during Omnislash)
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketFingers View Post
    half fixed, the ultimate no longer stops, but jugger is stunned and will not perform extra hits.

Dota 2:
    Nyx will block 1 stance of damage - intended.
    Juggernaut WILL BE stunned while trying to omnislash, but omnislash goes on - half wrong.
    Juggernault will not receive damage - intended.
    Juggernaut will not perform any aditional hits during stun duration in omnislash - wrong
    Juggernaut will remain stunned after the end of omnislash (in case the ults is faster then stun duration, eg: lvl1) - wrong.

wc3 dota.
    Nyx will block 2-3 stances of damages (from ult/normal hits). - wrong (only 1 stance should be blocked).
    Juggernaut will not be stunned before, after or during omnislash. - intended.
    Juggernault will not be damaged. - intended.

Edit:
    in wc3 dota probably a dummy unit casts a stun for x damage (damage reflected). But Yunero is invunerable, so the skill just dont work, no stun, no damage.
    in dota 2 its coded to stun/reflect any damage source from heroes. So juggernaut is stunned because nothing tried to cast a stun on him, he is just stunned, the invulnerability part works and he receives no damage.

Nyx armor stuns juggernaut in his ult and stops it.
    While the juggernaut should be invulnerable duriing his ultimate.
    Last edited by blash365; 03-02-2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: added comprehensive bugreport, added more information on the wc3 behaviour

Banned
    I think this is intended, not sure though.

Basic Member
    Is this confirmed? Any Videos?

during his ult? according to wiki you don't get the omnislash buff until after your first hit so maybe it stopped jugg then?

How could this possibly be intended?

Basic Member
    Why intended: Til the first hit Jugg aint invul. 1 hit on nyx active carapace then got stunned. That's how I think.

Basic Member
    matchid + timestamp.
    it is neither intended nor does it happen in my tests.
    if nyx activates carpace during omnislash nothing happens at all. if carpace is activated beforehand, jugger shows the stunned symbol. the ulti is unaffected, but jugger doesnt deal any bonus attacks during the stun duration. i will test dota 1 behavior
    in general more testing, less speculating would be helpful in this thread!

//after some test in dota 1. activation during omnislash is the same, if activated beforehand it also is unaffected from carpace, so that part would be a bug
    Last edited by Belarion; 12-26-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Basic Member
    https://dotabuff.com/matches/86453525
    around min 28 watch the jugg
    i ult on nyx he uses armor i get stunned ultimate stops and if this is intended this game is becoming epic joke what s next kill all the fun heroes and go 5 man push with spell spammers like rubick lesh, cause morph is nerfed ,am nerfed ,jugger ultimate fucked up by simple nerub ,veno ult undodgeable even with weaver ult ........ WTF icefrog ?

Basic Member
    Dangler, you sound like someone who only plays carries...

Basic Member
    finally i was able to download the replay...
    and surprise, surprise it is no bug and carpace didnt end omnislash, ethereal blade did (who would have thought!).
    btw that happens at 30min gametime.

the only bug shown is the one i explained above, carpace was active when omnislash was casted, so jugger did get stunned (without canceling his ulti!) and this stunned debuff lasted after omnislash was over (due to no valid targets around). also this first slash was blocked.

Can some mod copy this into the op and change the title to smth useful (or make a new thread with it?)

Summary: When using Omnislash on a Nyx Assassin with activated Spiked Carpace, Juggernaut gets stunned and the first slash gets blocked. Also there are no bonus slashes during the stunned duration. This does not hapen if Carpace is activated during Omnislash.

Repro:
    1. Get Level 4 Carpace and Level 3 Omnislash (+att speed if you want)
    2. activate Carpace
    3. use Omnislash

Result:
    Juggernaut shows the stunned debuff, the first slash gets blocked, no bonus slashes, normal slashes are working fine

Expected Result:
    Juggernaut ignores the Carpace (just like when Carpace is activated during Omnislash)
    Last edited by Belarion; 12-26-2012 at 06:37 PM.