Thread: [Suggestion] Sort Players via Language

[Suggestion] Sort Players via Language

Example:

The Dota 2 clients checks your chat log for last few days. If you have typed in Russian language over 90% of the time, the Matchmaking system will find other players who have also typed in Russian language over 90% of the time.

You do this with every language. This way, you will end up most of the time with people who speak the same language you do.

I live in Norway and I have never ever played on the Stockholm server because of language barrier. With this feature, there is no need to IP/region-lock players and Nordic players can finally play on the Stockholm server without any trouble.

Why? Why not? Discuss.

Suggestion: Ban people who start banned topics despite being a forum member for over a year.

Edit: Merry christmas.

What if you type russian with latin letters? Just add an official language for each server and add a report for that like the normal reports, only it doesn't get you in LPQ - just refuses to connect you to the server as punishment. Right now there isn't any official language for the servers, so i'm not sure if they are ruining the game for me or i'm ruining it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evo View Post
    Suggestion: Ban people who start banned topics despite being a forum member for over a year.

Edit: Merry christmas.
    The banned topic is to seperate servers and region-lock or IP-lock players. Read my suggestion again mate. With the feature I suggested, you can group up with people who speak the same language as you do without implementing language-locks. It is not just for Russians, I just took the Russians as an example. A lot of Brazilians play on US servers. With this feature, Brazilians can play with other Brazilians on US servers.

The reason why I am suggesting is because people who don't speak English queue up for servers where English is supposed to dominate anyways. So no, I didn't open up a thread that is banned from being opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging View Post
    What if you type russian with latin letters? Just add an official language for each server and add a report for that like the normal reports, only it doesn't get you in LPQ - just refuses to connect you to the server as punishment. Right now there isn't any official language for the servers, so i'm not sure if they are ruining the game for me or i'm ruining it for them.
    That's true that there is no official language on any server. But remember: This is Dota we're talking about. Communication and teamwork is extremely paramount. I came here to suggest a feature that promotes both communication and teamwork.

This thread was created a million times, and it will be created a million more.

Either communicate via pings and small phrases understood by all languages, or just queue as a 5-man.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    retards don't count as people.