Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Refund for item pack please, this is so stupid!

Idiot.

I hope you're trolling.

All Dota 2 items are cosmetics, and won't give you some super ultra mega unfair boost to 1hit everything in your path.

If you aren't trolling, uninstall this game now. This is no Pay2Win shit.
    Last edited by EeaZY; 12-27-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Basic Member
    This guy is probably the one buying all kinds of item on other gaming platforms (*cough* LoL) to gain an advantage over other players.

I admire DotA 2 because here it doesn't matter how much money you spend. Everyone has equal chance at winning. Only you and your team's skills matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ekze View Post
    And there won't be any more maps. Dota is a map itself.
    They already have progress on a set of at least two different tutorial maps with quests/missions. Here's one of them (from Cyborgmatt's blog):

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/wp-content...utorial_m2.png

We will probably be seeing something similar for non-tutorial content someday.

OT: Dota is not pay-to-win. There are plenty of places you could have read/seen that, including the Dota Store's info page: "It is important to Dota's competitive design that all players have access to all Heroes and that players can't purchase a competitive advantage."
    ◕_◕

Basic Member
    help.. cant stop laughing LSAJGHDAKJSDASDA

Quote Originally Posted by Joplinguy View Post
    I have never played dota1, but I have played demigod which is pretty much the exact thing. I bought a $75 freaking mega package thing.....but....ALL I CAN TELL IS THESE FREAKING ITEMS ARE PURELY ASTHETIC!!!??? They give 0 ability boosts they are purely for looks. I saw NOTHING noting that those items would be giving no benefit whatsover.
    And because it will remain purely aesthetic, we love this game. It is a game that is about intense moments, competitive moments; not throwing more money and win. It might sound silly to you but millions of people play dota because it is not a "pay to win." Everyone is equal in a dota game except their own skills.

btw, demigod is a copy of dota which falls short in all directions to even come close to dota.

I have played computer games from the early 90's on the pc and every freaking system since ATARI...I have never been more pissed off at something with a game in my life. For me to have spent about TRIPLE what the original game cost (which is bugged and only 1 level over and over apparently). Who the hell makes the game items cost that much for characters and it give no ability boosting that I can see.
    May be you should have done some research before purchasing...? Free cd-keys are all over the place. If you still can't get one, in secondary market, a cd-key costs <$3. Not to mention the game will be free to play once it is fully released.

lol bugged? I guess football/hockey/basketball are bugged too. One map over and over

Here's an honest advice: stop thinking about getting advantage over your opponent using money. Play 30+ matches and get the basic understanding of the game. You wont able to turn back.

I will not let this go, and I am not happy in the least. I will make it my mission that someone from dota2 (seems like it will be a great game when working and more levels) contacts me about this , I will post 2 a day on any bulletin that I can.
    I will not tolerate any forum rule violation. Be sure to check them out.

I have no problem using that money to buy other steam games, or maybe items that boost my characters stats in THE FREAKING GAME I BOUGHT.
    There are/will be no items that will give you advantage over your opponent in this game.

If I have to create multiple email accounts just to make as many profiles as I can to get a response.... Trust me, spending triple the game cost for worthless pretty looking armor is the dumbest crap I have ever seen in a game. FIX THIS.
    As I said before, check the forum rules.

There is nothing to fix.

YOU HAVE NO DISCLAMER ON THERE SHOWING THESE ITEMS ARE COMPLETELY UN-EFFECTIVE IN THE GAME.
    This is how games are suppose to be. Games are not about "I got more money so I win."

Or if you at least tell me that later in the develop those items WILL help my characters out I will be happy...but fix this, now.
    Won't happen. The day throwing money at this game will help you to win the game, millions of people will stop playing this game.

You are free to contact steam support and request refund. Posting in here wont help.

PS: I know it will sound ridiculous to you but people are willing to pay high price for aesthetic items in this game. There are things that sell for $1000 or $2000 on trading-market.
    Last edited by CvP; 12-27-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Definitely the thread of the year!
    System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
    ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
    CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
    GPU: ATI Mobility X1600_________________GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
    RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
    OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
    Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

Banned
    ROFL this isn't league of legends where you can buy stats

<--- Posts: 1, yep, had to laugh at ur ass LOL

Good read!

YOU HAVE NO DISCLAMER ON THERE SHOWING THESE ITEMS ARE COMPLETELY UN-EFFECTIVE IN THE GAME.
    When you went ahead and bought the item pack... didn't you notice that none of them had stat bonuses? If it was written "+3 strength" and you didn't get the bonus, I would understand... but nowhere does it state that the cosmetics should be giving you bonuses.

If you're physically and mentally able to post on the dev forums, you are more than able to use the internet to find the info that you need to make a well thought-out decision on whether to spend your money on a videogame or not.
    Last edited by Bleako; 12-27-2012 at 05:50 PM.

This thread is better than patch notes

Ehm, mb just give him the money back and remove his items? Problem solved?