Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bugged Tournament Drodo ?

Basic Member

Bugged Tournament Drodo ?

new to this forums. dont know here to post this but.

I recently bought a tournament drodo. It has no match descriptions but it has Match Id on it.
    Is this drodo bugged ? or someone placed a description tag on this

please help me.

Can you post a link to the Drodo in your backpack?
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Basic Member

Sorry Forgot to Quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    Can you post a link to the Drodo in your backpack?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...3/screenshots/ here it is a screenshot

or this is my profile so you can see it. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...063/inventory/

It doesn't seem that the item has a custom description, as those can be recognized by quotation marks. I'm trying to remember if the International Tournament couriers had the match description on them, or if that came along later, but I can't remember it at all. There were a lot of bugs with the Tournament items back then - that's also why the courier is Unusual as opposed to Tournament - so it could be it lost its match description along the way as well.
    Wished I could help better, but I don't remember a lot about them, and I can't find a lot of information either.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Basic Member
    OP, someone removed the custom description. If you right click a Drodo in your inventory which has a custom description, you can choose to remove the custom tag, it works exactly like a custom description from a buyable tag.

Attachment 11964

You might try to send a ticket to Steam support to try and get the custom description restored, I don't see why they should decline this kind of request. I think the match tags on the tournament items should be put in a different section, just like the match ID signature.

It doesn't seem that the item has a custom description, as those can be recognized by quotation marks
    This is kind of a weird scenario because tournament descriptions have quotation marks and look and behave exactly like custom tags buyable in the store. The only way to know one of these items is not a counterfeit is by looking for a match ID tag. So the OP's courier is indeed a tournament courier, 'cept the description was removed.

There were a lot of bugs with the Tournament items back then - that's also why the courier is Unusual as opposed to Tournament
    Not really, this was the case for all tournament couriers. Steam support says officially

"[...] the unusual effect was given instead and cannot be changed."

I think they meant tag instead of effect. All International couriers were given the Unusual tag instead of Tournament, mostly to point out they had unusual particles. So again, the OP's courier is alright.
    Last edited by Radio; 12-30-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Yeah and the Tournament Drodo he has it's from Na`Vi vs Darer game... datdota.com

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    It doesn't seem that the item has a custom description, as those can be recognized by quotation marks. I'm trying to remember if the International Tournament couriers had the match description on them, or if that came along later, but I can't remember it at all. There were a lot of bugs with the Tournament items back then - that's also why the courier is Unusual as opposed to Tournament - so it could be it lost its match description along the way as well.
    Wished I could help better, but I don't remember a lot about them, and I can't find a lot of information either.
    Helped me alot. Thank you.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    OP, someone removed the custom description. If you right click a Drodo in your inventory which has a custom description, you can choose to remove the custom tag, it works exactly like a custom description from a buyable tag.

Attachment 11964

You might try to send a ticket to Steam support to try and get the custom description restored, I don't see why they should decline this kind of request. I think the match tags on the tournament items should be put in a different section, just like the match ID signature.

This is kind of a weird scenario because tournament descriptions have quotation marks and look and behave exactly like custom tags buyable in the store. The only way to know one of these items is not a counterfeit is by looking for a match ID tag. So the OP's courier is indeed a tournament courier, 'cept the description was removed.

Not really, this was the case for all tournament couriers. Steam support says officially

"[...] the unusual effect was given instead and cannot be changed."

I think they meant tag instead of effect. All International couriers were given the Unusual tag instead of Tournament, mostly to point out they had unusual particles. So again, the OP's courier is alright.
    I should send a ticket to steam support. Thank you very much. was very because of the match description loss.

Basic Member
    i have same drodo a description tag used on it
    Last edited by eggtoto; 01-24-2013 at 05:43 PM.