Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: List of Base Model Related Glitches

Basic Member

List of Base Model Related Glitches

Made a comprehensive list of all heroes that have bugs with either portraits or abilities since their models were broken down. Wanted to do this rather than have another thread that randomly reports one of this issues rather than noticing all these bugs are linked and should be dealt with together.

The below are still not fixed as of the Feb 14th Update.

Anti Mage (Blink partially fixed in Feb 14th Update, only one of the AM remnants is topless now)
    Queen of Pain (Blink remnant leaves only base model) - The remnant stays around for less time now so is less noticeable, but it's still the base model
    Illusions of all heroes revert to the base model on illusion death.
    Some cosmetics do not appear to work with the below fixes. - It's still hit and miss on most of these fixes with cosmetics. These seem to slowly be getting fixed bit by bit.

The below were fixed in the Feb 13th Test Client update
    Most of these involve reverting to their base models on death or abilities that have special visuals leaving only the base model.
    Phantom Lancer (Death Animation - Portrait Bug) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Crystal Maiden (Death Animation - Portrait Bug) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Storm Spirit (Static Remnants leaves only base model - Occasionally an error model, so perhaps one pose is broken) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Lina (Death Animation - Portrait Bug) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Rubick (I assume any stolen spell that has a error listed here will also have it for Rubick most notable is SS static remnant, Steal Spell visual also uses hero base models of whichever hero you steal from) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Keeper of the Light (Spirit Form Illuminate uses base model only, could also use jigglebones for the ribbons on his staff as they were rigid when this spell looked correct) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Skeleton King (Death Animation - Portrait Bug) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Lycan (Assuming death animation - Portrait Bug) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Clinkz (Death Animation - Portrait Bug) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Death Prophet (Death Animation - Portrait Bug) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Outworld Destroyer (Death Animation - Portrait Bug) - Fixed Feb 14th
    Spirit Breaker (Ultimate Remnant) - Fixed Feb 14th
    All heroes when Disrupted by Shadow Demon or trapped by Astral Imprisonment revert to base model in the portrait. - Fixed Feb 14th
    All heroes' silhouette when released from Shadow Demon's Purge. - Fixed Feb 14th
    Any duplicate of a hero already on the map with exactly the same load-out shows only the base model. - Fixed Feb 15th

Fixed sometime in later Feb

Faceless Void (Time walk leaves base model)
    Sven (Gods Strength Silhouette) - Was fixed by removing the extra effect
    Nightstalker becomes wingless on night transitions again.
    Spectre (Death Animation - Portrait Bug) - This was the only on death one missed in the fix, how?

Fixed sometime in March

Keeper of the Light cosmetics make the spirit form illuminate take on the base model - Guessing Storm will have the same problem with static remnant.

Potential future problems when more heroes are broken down:
    AA, Tiny (if he gets more cosmetic slots), Enigma (Potentially as he has a special animation) & SF.

Basically any hero that doesn't have the usual fall over and sink into the ground when they die will have these issues.
    (These should be prevented with this blanket fix.)

There may be one or two I missed, but most other problems are one off and cannot be reproduced consistently.
    Last edited by Devozade; 03-16-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Was about to post exactly this but you did it first. I would add Sven's God's Strenght to the list and the fact that Clinkz' custom items don't become transparent when he goes invisible. Partly unrelated but the blood overlay when a hero dies is also a pet peeve of mine. I'll provide some screenshots. Can we get a confirmation that these are not engine limitations and are indeed fixable?

http://imgur.com/a/A99ql

Basic Member
    Also noticed Warlock has a special death animation but have not seen him or played him in a while to see if he loses his parts on death.

Edit: It's just the normal fall over death with a special particle effect so is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dayparrot View Post
    Was about to post exactly this but you did it first. I would add Sven's God's Strenght to the list and the fact that Clinkz' custom items don't become transparent when he goes invisible. Partly unrelated but the blood overlay when a hero dies is also a pet peeve of mine. I'll provide some screenshots. Can we get a confirmation that these are not engine limitations and are indeed fixable?

http://imgur.com/a/A99ql
    Those additional issues are more texture errors than issues with other parts of models not being equipped in certain circumstances. That would have to be grouped with almost all cosmetic items not having their textures set up correctly to become invisible (visual glitch to allies only as invisible heroes are not drawn at all for the enemy unless they have detection) or tinted blue with illusion.
    Last edited by Devozade; 01-01-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Add Spirit Breaker's ultimate to the list. The remnant only shows its base model ( no weapon and head) even though I don't think the model was broken down.

Basic Member
    Add Spirit Breaker's ultimate to the list. The remnant only shows its base model ( no weapon and head) even though I don't think the model was broken down.
    Good catch he was in my list I had written down but I couldn't remember exactly what was broken. And yes he was broken down several months ago, do remember he has cosmetic slots already.

Don't forget about Sven's God's Strenght.
    The remnant that comes out of him ( admittedly only for a split second) doesn't have a head or weapons.
    As shown here: http://i.imgur.com/51y9Mh.jpg

Basic Member
    Can anyone confirm the death animations of Bane, Lifestealer, Luna, Venge, Visage and Zeus? Anything that'snot falling over and sinking into the ground normally?

Pretty sure all the other Heroes yet to be broken down aside from those and the ones listed in the OP have normal death animations so will not have errors in future.

Don't forget about Sven's God's Strenght.
    The remnant that comes out of him ( admittedly only for a split second) doesn't have a head or weapons.
    As shown here: http://i.imgur.com/51y9Mh.jpg
    Added, did not even realise that was the visual effect.

Still not fixed.

Basic Member
    Noticed that Shadow Demon's purge effect uses hero base models too. Sure there are probably a few effects for some abilities here and there that use base models too that were missed.

Basic Member

no head lancer

no head for lancer even after 2013-01-24_00001.jpg