Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Aghanims Death Ward kills Familars

[Confirmed] Aghanims Death Ward kills Familars

Witch Doctor Ultimate with Aghanims attacks familars.
    Witch Doctor Ultimate without Aghanimis does not attack familars.

Which is right, which is wrong? I suppose that there is an aghanims bug.

Edit:

I added a video and the scenes is shown in one fourth of the original speed! Which means that my three familiars died ALL in 1 second giving Witch Doctor massive gold etc (100 for each ).
    Adding to that the CD for Familiars is 150 seconds! The Death Ward has only 70 seconds, which means once he uses his ultimate, all summons are dead with no chance of recovery for the next 2 and a half minute! That is huge and I dont think it is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by igo95862 View Post
    Bump. Valve broke it again:

Ancients can be attacked as primary targets but not bounce on.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 01-11-2014 at 05:40 AM.

pretty sure it should only attack enemy heroes

Basic Member
    well they are targetted by all spells as enemy heroes. i dont think death ward is an exception but this needs testing. there is definitely a bug if it attacks w/ agha but not without it. at least it should be consistent. and your video is private?
    Last edited by boo3a; 01-03-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Sorry, video was private, I unlisted it

Basic Member
    oh ok now i see. the only bug i would think if it really doesnt target them w/o aghanims. all spells affect them and death ward specifically can rip them apart since damage is physical.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boo3a View Post
    well they are targetted by all spells as enemy heroes. i dont think death ward is an exception but this needs testing. there is definitely a bug if it attacks w/ agha but not without it. at least it should be consistent. and your video is private?
    not at all, they are considered as heroes as far as durations go (e. g. frostbite) and get some hero target immunities (e. g. devour), by no way they are targeted as heroes by all spells, for the most part they are not targeted as heroes at all. i dont think there is any only hero spell that works on non-hero units with resistant skin. and no they should not get hit by death ward, regardless of agha or not
    Last edited by Belarion; 01-03-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Was anyone able to test this in DotA (1) ? I have the game but I dont have someone to test it with me D:

Basic Member
    Yes i tested it, just didnt wrote it there. Unless I state otherwise my posts are usually all tested. It should never attack familars, they are no heroes

And for the testing alone use this: http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385709

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Volunteer Moderator
    They need to fix this by changing the "Creep hero" unit type around a little, so that they are untargettable by hero only 100% of the time and only suffer hero effects when there's a difference between the normal effect and the hero effect... Also sort of linked to: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=52914

Which I will update by removing the single bug on there that they fixed (luna's aura) and adding this.