Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: No South African server

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Or people like you with your racist hatred are destroying dota and the internet.
    Calling me racist doesnt change the facts.
    MEH

Guys focus, this is not about russians, I mean some of them could be annoying, but the fact is Africa is the only CONTINENT that doesn't have a server, and looking at the map activity they actually have some players in like 2 countries, similiar situation that in South America, they could benefit a lot with a server in South Africa, and I think they are next to get one (now that the ausies have one)

It could be good to make the community grow (even while we have 200k people almost all day rofl)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Stacey View Post
    First you brand everyone who complains about Russians on the forums as racist then post the above?
    There's a meme in there somewhere.
    I don't only "brand" them as racist. Those people are racists by the definition of the word "racist", if I said they were not racist then I would be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by bNy_ View Post
    Your logic is flawed since Russia is the country that has the most neo-nazis today.
    No, it's not. Nothing in logic is flawed. It can not be because then it wouldn't be logic anymore.
    To your example, you're saying that you can not be a Nazi when you hate Russians because there are also Nazi's living in Russia. That is illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    I bet the Dota 2 quote of "dumb" russians is higher then of real nazis in germany
    I bet the rate of "dumb" people in this forum is also higher than the rate of Russians in EU West.
    Last edited by Typhox; 01-05-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Basic Member
    I don't only "brand" them as racist. Those people are racists by the definition of the word "racist", if I said they were not racist then I would be lying.

No, it's not. Nothing in logic is flawed. It can not be because then it wouldn't be logic anymore.

I bet the rate of "dumb" people in this forum is also higher than the rate of Russians in EU West.
    Wow, you really should go get yourself a better education...
    First of, disliking or even hate russians doesn't make you a racist by default, read up on the term please. Bigoted or xenophobic (depends on the context and reason) would be better words for it.

And yes, logic itself can't be flawed (or well, it's up for debates, we could start having discussions about paradoxes). However your arguments which you indirect claim to be based on logic can be flawed.

In this case, your post is an attempt to to provoke the Germans on here by making associations with todays Germany to The 30/40s one, which is making you look kind of bad because 1) Germany has spread neo-nazism today and 2) Russia does (which is the nation you show your support in this thread). Therefore making your logic flawed because you base the whole thing on a mindset that's in your head, not what is reflected in the real world and like I said, it makes you look stupid.

I've had a few beers so I don't know if I got my message through, can elaborate on the whole thing with less typos later.

Banned
    Wow, you really should go get yourself a better education...
    First of, disliking or even hate russians doesn't make you a racist by default, read up on the term please. Bigoted or xenophobic (depends on the context and reason) would be better words for it.
    Right, hating on Jews and writing everywhere that they should stay out of my country and that we are a superior race to them is also not racist in your terms right?
    So basically, Nazi's aren't racist. Yeah, right.
    No.

In this case, your post is an attempt to to provoke the Germans on here by making associations with todays Germany to The 30/40s one, which is making you look kind of bad because 1) Germany has spread neo-nazism today and 2) Russia does (which is the nation you show your support in this thread). Therefore making your logic flawed because you base the whole thing on a mindset that's in your head, not what is reflected in the real world and like I said, it makes you look stupid.
    This is the most stupid thing I've ever read. Get some education yourself. I don't think that I need to reply any further to this weak trolling attempt. Good luck in your own little reality.

Basic Member
    Right, hating on Jews and writing everywhere that they should stay out of my country and that we are a superior race to them is also not racist in your terms right?
    So basically, Nazi's aren't racist. Yeah, right.
    No.

This is the most stupid thing I've ever read. Get some education yourself. I don't think that I need to reply any further to this weak trolling attempt. Good luck in your own little reality.
    And yet again you mix up racism with anti-semitism, are you trying to look more stupid than you really are?

Also, that you reply with "trolling attempt" and such just show your capacity haha. You can't even come with a counter can you?

Basic Member
    Wow... This thread has gone too far with the Holocaust comments. If you are not South African, don't be ignorant by changing the topic of the thread.

Banned
    For reference:

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    We have almost finished rolling out the servers in all the locations we initially wanted servers in. Once we release, we'll get a better idea of where we need additional servers or are underserving the community. It is also a question of economics. Hosting and bandwidth are pretty expensive in some of the countries. Then there is the possibility of government regulation.

Agrees with the original intent of the post, about the server to Africa. We (South Africans) play with a general ping of 200 m/s, which IS PLAYABLE, but that milli second timing on hooks, stuns etc. makes it a grievance. I agree with OP that i can play with russians, but a local community server which removes the high ping would just rock my aegis. Dont care much about russians, if you ask them nicely like the one dude showed on a pic, they tend to reply in english, if you go ranting and yelling, cyrillic is all you'll get bra!

Anyway, i reckon its just a matter of time that Africa gets a server as well, im not saying it SHOULD be South africa, but in general, which other country has the capacity? 90% of play (from Africa) comes from here and we prlly got the best providers to host a server. Id say the amount of players rank around 10k, i myself have over 50 friends from SA that plays, so what is the minimum amount to justify a server? Its just a matter of time i guess... Geniet die games my bru

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuah View Post
    For reference:
    I wont bitch if Valve decides not to give us servers. All I wish for, is that Valve notices us South Africans and properly evaluate whether we should get a server or not.