Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Hotkey to get a fullscreen map

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Hotkey to get a fullscreen map

I dont think this has been yet suggested (searched a little), but I got this idea that is familiar from many fps games. So basically just implement a possibility to get a bigger, more detailed map covering the screen (and transparent, with possibly custom transparency) from a custom hotkey. This could show hero/player names, and maybe you could add markers and such (as you can see, I haven't thought this very far). It might not be that useful, since the dota map isn't that big or complicated, and anyone can surely find their way around without a map, but I think it would be a nice addition and help see a bit the bigger picture (would give more stuff to do when dead too ).

Ideas, thoughts, discussion?

The point is that you have to check minimap (small one) by yourself for not being ganked, so if you have a big map on the screen you dont depend that much on how you teammates carefull watch misses from lane, because u see it at your own. Imo it will corrupt а team component of a laning phase.
    Worst Puck player in the UK

Don't see any negative issues with this. If someone wants to hold tab and see a larger overlay for a moment (while sacrificing viewport), let him.
    +1

+1
    "Look around, look around, look around..."

Banned
    +1

I would never use this, but it doesn't change game play at all. Would look cool, but not very useful.

Basic Member
    +1.
    Especially when you're waiting to respawn.

Basic Member
    +1

I probably wont use this as well, but would be nice to try out.

Basic Member
    I think that's a very low priority point, but why not.

And WTF is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAs View Post
    The point is that you have to check minimap (small one) by yourself for not being ganked, so if you have a big map on the screen you dont depend that much on how you teammates carefull watch misses from lane, because u see it at your own. Imo it will corrupt а team component of a laning phase.
    you want to say that the minimap is too small to see misses? You can even make the player icons on the map bigger with a console command.
    When you would see a missing player on a big map you should see it on the small one aswell.
    No balance issue at all.
    Last edited by Gnadi; 01-06-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Basic Member
    +1 to this mechanic.If I may expand : http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=59172

Basic Member
    +1