Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1310

Thread: Enemy Mana Bars

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    No. But he won't include this feature before DotA got ported completely, i.e. the game got released. Because it IS a balancing issue as well.
    Wether he does it is one question, but if he does it, it should happen in beta. Closed beta at best.
    Such things shouldnt change after release (to a wider audience)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    And? I don't see what's wrong with it. We don't have an explanation why we have mana bars for allied heroes, we can try to think of that ourselves, and many of us obviously fail at this point.
    This is my problem with the people in this thread who keeps saying how the enemy mana bars are going to change gameplay. The same people never mention how they managed to accept the fact that there are allied mana bars, mana costs of skills under their icon in the ui, sectioned health bars, skill range indicators and so on. Don't you think me knowing if my sk has mana for a stun or not instantly in a team fight will change my game play? Or seeing if my enemy has lower than 500 health? Yeah these all caused some changes in game play but we are playing aren't we? I don't see any more to change if there were enemy mana bars. I personally don't mind either way, but I can't just stop myself pointing out this obvious flaw in these people's arguments.

And believe it or not, we have more brain power on these forums than all the developers combined. So we are not going to accept any change they make/don't make just because they are the developers and they know better. No one is fighting to remove the already made changes though, but it seems the same people are against additional change. Stop resisting change just because it didn't happen yet. If you want a 100% DotA copy, start resisting every single change so I can see you actually have a legit reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    I ask you all a question...can I close this thread? We have 130 pages of arguments; pros and cons. Devs can got enough feedback already...
    If this was a pointless discussion, you wouldn't let it grow to 130 pages. If this discussion is helping the dev team in anyway, you should keep it open since there are new people joining the beta everyday.
    Last edited by Zasz; 12-14-2011 at 12:22 PM.

+1 for closing this

This close-minded discussion won't lead anywhere and most if not all substancial effect of adding enemy manabars to the game have already been listed and are available for the developers to review.
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    This is my problem with the people in this thread who keeps saying how the enemy mana bars are going to change gameplay. The same people never mention how they managed to accept the fact that there are allied mana bars, mana costs of skills under their icon in the ui, sectioned health bars, skill range indicators and so on. Don't you think me knowing if my sk has mana for a stun or not instantly in a team fight will change my game play? Or seeing if my enemy has lower than 500 health? Yeah these all caused some changes in game play but we are playing aren't we? I don't see any more to change if there were enemy mana bars. I personally don't mind either way, but I can't just stop myself pointing out this obvious flaw in these people's arguments.

And believe it or not, we have more brain power on these forums than all the developers combined. So we are not going to accept any change they make/don't make just because they are the developers and they know better. No one is fighting to remove the already made changes though, but it seems the same people are against additional change. Stop resisting change just because it didn't happen yet. If you want a 100% DotA copy, start resisting every single change so I can see you actually have a legit reason.

If this was a pointless discussion, you wouldn't let it grow to 130 pages. If this discussion is helping the dev team in anyway, you should keep it open since there are new people joining the beta everyday.
    double standards for terrible players that have nothing else to do except troll on forums.

pretty much consistent with the internets.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    I ask you all a question...can I close this thread? We have 130 pages of arguments; pros and cons. Devs can got enough feedback already...
    Please do.

Basic Member
    don't be so hard on yourself. you'll learn to check enemy mana eventually.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    don't be so hard on yourself. you'll learn to check enemy mana eventually.
    This is why this thread needs to be closed. People like this are the reason beta forums have such an awful signal to noise ratio.

Please close this thread, we pretty much discussed everything about enemy mana bars. Even the most irrelevant and the stupid ones.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kautzman View Post
    This is why this thread needs to be closed. People like this are the reason beta forums have such an awful signal to noise ratio.
    people like me but not people like this: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...ll=1#post62613

haha. cute.

Apparently people want this closed.

Okay.

If a Dev felt the need to clarify the decision, they would have posted in this 130 page long thread a long time ago. Not like they never visit the forums to post things.