Page 1 of 131 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Enemy Mana Bars

Enemy Mana Bars

The healthbars in dota 2 essentially allow you to know how much health your opponents have (thanks to the 250 and 1000 tick marks). My question is, if you have this implemented, why not show enemy mana bars as well? If it is considered skill to click on an enemy and check their mana, why is that logic not held consistent for the health bars? As I've mentioned in previous threads, I respect the skill vs new features debate, but you need to be more consistent with basic mechanics of the game such as this. I for one have no issues in showing the enemy mana bars.

Basic Member
    no just because one reason! imo its port d1 into d2 also there was disscusions about if yes or no and the answer is no just think about chasing 1vs1 if you dont have time to check enemies mana

Basic Member
    I don't think they should have done it. I also think they should remove the tick marks on the opponents.

Basic Member
    no way

Core Tester
    I like this as a usability improvement, but it has some significant balance implications

My opinion about this is simple:
    if selecting enemy heroes shows you their current mana, enable enemy mana bar.
    if selecting enemy heroes doesn't show current mana, no need for mana bar.

Basic Member
    Truth is: If valve put manabars on enemy heroes too, 50% dota1 players wont play dota2 just because of this . If there is a thing what ppl rly dont wanna see implemented in dota 2 its this.
    Last edited by craNich; 09-18-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Basic Member
    If they add it now we'll see cooldown indicators, roshan respawn indicator, "if the enemy has TP" indicator for ganking...

its good the way it is, dont make the game play itself

Basic Member
    Why doesn't starcraft 2 add mana bars for enemy casters? Why doesn't warcraft 3 have a health pot indicator on top of enemy heroes if they have a potion available? There's a lot of things that makes the game "more useable", but are not desired.

Basic Member
    Please no, it's really not that advanced to click on enemy heroes to see their mana pool. There is no need to add this, sure it would be great, but so would a cooldown indicator as well, but then you are punishing the people that 'feel' it out or actually count to themselves. Part of the game is knowing when an enemy can and can't cast spells. Taking that away is a drastic change that I don't think would be for the better.