Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The "Your game is ready" sound.

I think valve must replace the sound with the Russian National Anthem, this way our brain will be much more prepared for whats coming.

Basic Member
    It should be less DUMDATUMPADUM and more BLINGBLING

yea, it's so loud that it scares 1/10 people (statistically proven) to reject the game or run away in fear resulting in re-matchmaking. need change

/sarcasm

Banned
    It does need a slight noise reduction.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DGenerationX View Post
    I think valve must replace the sound with the Russian National Anthem, this way our brain will be much more prepared for whats coming.
    LOL

On-topic: IMO the sound is quite surprising, but then such a sound is necessary to "force" you into the game and prevent a decline.. [thats what i think] .

Not annoying enough for the 9/10 trolls
    ~Never forget~

Basic Member
    Just to revive a dead thread because this issue is fucking pissing me off right now.

The "game is ready" sound when alt tabbed is always max, no matter what you have the slider on in the options menu, that sound will always blow your fucking ears off. For those of you who say "sound is fine", you most likely already have the game sound at max, and have lowered your headphones sound instead. This is all well and good for you. I have my game sound at 10%, because that is the volume I need to keep the game at when streaming for people to be able to hear my crappy ass microphone as well. My entire computer is based around this sound level, and its a non-issue in every other game, media or program I use..Except this game.

Those times I manage not to crap my pants because of the loud ass drums telling me that my game is ready, I have the pleasure of knowing I'm game by game chipping away a tiny bit of my eardrum, as well as the eardrums of everyone I might be sitting on skype with (oh yes, it carries through big time). On the offchance that this isn't a bug, and its in there to make sure I know my game is ready when I might be doing other things: I wouldn't be queing up if I wasn't expecting to find a game any time soon. The normal sound + frantic blinking on my menu bar is more than enough to tell me the game is ready without forcing me to change my pants 10 times a day.

/rant.