Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hack in dota2 "Map hack"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolladan View Post
    there is no dota 2 maphack and never will be

it's not possible with how the servers are set up
    Not 100% true. Just remember the client DOES receive the location of other players (since it's drawing them at their locations). That's how it usually gets done.
    Still, VAC should protect against those memory locations.

Basic Member
    VAC doesn't protect anything in any game, all it does is scan for known cheats

and it's not even active for DotA 2

and the client receives the location of other players but only when the server decides

in a game like counterstrike, the server always sends you the location of every player on the map, but it's hidden client side with walls and stuff, that's how hacks work

Basic Member
    Guessing or facts ?
    AFAIK every engine replicates variables like rotation and location otherwise the game would be desynced. There is no "when the server decides" as in "I send you the location in a minute", otherwise you couldn't possibly see enemy heroes "real-time" (minus the latency). The server is authorative over it, yes. That way the client can't teleport.

Banned
    Fake. As easily can be seen on the standard dota-pictures, the website Domain Name and the fact that you need to download it from fileice. If it was real, you would get to download it from mediafire or any filehoster, for free without having to like anything. It would be posted in a real forum with real forum users posting "it works", so that it is confirmed that those comments aren't just botters.

This site has been reported before. It's a fake site that makes you fill out surveys, etc. in order to download a "hack" that actually doesn't really do anything. Please don't link it.

It is not possible to get locations of enemy players in the fog of war. The Dota 2 server stops transmitting position updates for enemy players who are in the fog. Your client only knows their last location you saw them until they are revealed again.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    Guessing or facts ?
    AFAIK every engine replicates variables like rotation and location otherwise the game would be desynced. There is no "when the server decides" as in "I send you the location in a minute", otherwise you couldn't possibly see enemy heroes "real-time" (minus the latency). The server is authorative over it, yes. That way the client can't teleport.
    looks like a valve dev confirmed what i posted, so facts

by the way, that's what interpolation is for

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    Guessing or facts ?
    The game is never in sync. It works like a Television. You press the keys to tell the server what you wanna do, but the Server does everything. Your client gets almost nothing except the pictures and sounds.

It's easy to give away shitty videos with all kind of hacks and shit.

1) All the comments are made on the same date.

2) Most of them don't have avatars.

3) They have shitty names.

4) They all comment on about how it's working and how good it is.

5) If you try to enter a comment you can see that you must have it confirmed by the video creator, so that he can't let in comments like "Fake, not working, this is a trojan" and so on. And if he doesen't have that thing on, he just deletes every new comment 24/7.

How to reveal scam sites:

1) Most have a shitty site design, layout or what ever.

2) Their names is all "FREE STEAM KEYS" or "FREE THIS" or "FREE ANAL GET IT NOW WHILE YOU CAN OMG SO EXCITING".

3) They either have A) a download link to "download a key" for whatever reason or what ever the hell you are now wanting to download, or B) a survey to fill out.

4) They always make a way to profit them, as mentioned in (3) A survey gives them money or the download bullshit gives them information, maybe a key logger or what ever.

5) They're obvious scams, and some sites have a point system to refer friends to click on your link, then you get more points and say at about 15 points you can "get a game" for free but in the end you always end up doing a survey or having to download for no reason.

6) They have a shitty explanation for why they can give out free keys, games or what ever. Like this one "When people visit our site, we get money from the ads, and when you refer friends to click on your link, it gives us more visitors to the site meaning we get more money, with this money we buy games/keys/bullshit to give out for free meaning it's a win win for everyone".

See now that was a bullshit explanation right? Obviously they get all the money from more ads and visitors and they'll fucking never give out free games, if they did how would it make it a win for them unless they gave out 1 game per month/week or something. But you can see that they tend to say "we give out games frequently" meaning they can get no money from it, no profit since they don't have time to gather up money for them while giving out games/bullshit/keys with frequent give aways from the ads, hence no win for them? If you get the meaning.

jesus maybe this should be a thread
    Last edited by EeaZY; 01-06-2013 at 08:57 AM.

been reported before have enable cheat on and its against bots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I can't fathom how can one think that anything from WC3 looks better than its DOTA 2 counterpart, those graphics are 12 years old and the effects plain suck - if you look at the from today's perspective.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolladan View Post
    looks like a valve dev confirmed what i posted, so facts

by the way, that's what interpolation is for
    Fair enough, I thought you were generalizing. I didn't mention the fog of war cos I could only guess, I meant about visibility (since that is why I mentioned you can see where heroes are). As for the FoW, noted for future reference

I am curious if the botters are real though. There are a lot of complaints that there are many out there (especially for events).