1. Pick or random Lone Druid.
    2. Farm Manta Style.
    3. Give Manta Style to bear.
    4. Farm Arcane Boots.
    5. Give Arcane Boots to bear.
    6. Attempt to use Manta Style on bear.
    6a. Have the bear pick up an illusion rune

Result: Manta Style/illusion rune does not work on Lone Druid's bear

Expected result: Manta Style should work on Lone Druid's bear. To be clear, I know the behavior is incorrect, having plenty of 6-bear experience in DotA 1, and having it just tested it in the latest map several minutes ago.

Story:

So there I was, queuing for a game of DotA 2, trying to remember old DotA strategies that I haven't had time to introduce to the DotA 2 playerbase. When what do you know, the word "Bear" comes to mind. Needless to say, I instantly picked Lone Druid as soon as my over-aged laptop managed to get into the hero selection screen.

All was going well, with my first Midas coming online well before 9 minutes, and my bear's Midas coming online before 14. My team had only just begun to tower-dive when and only when the enemy farmed NA had been missing for several minutes, so prospects were good. I kept on jungling, hoping my teammates would be reassured by the speed at which my double Midas could clear neut camps every 100 seconds.

Finally, I got my first Manta style. Still grumbling about the recipe's cost increase, I placed it on the bear in the heat of battle, and tried to activate it. My bear flashed blue. He disappeared for a moment. Then out came, not the three awe-inspiring behemoths I was expecting, but rather my single, lone, bear. To add insult to injury, Manta's "activation" still consumed 165 of my bear's mana pool.

Naturally, this unreasonable bug led to my team losing the game rather horribly. There was simply nothing we could do with only 4 bears vs. 5. Also the enemy team also had an Anti-Mage on it.

Please fix this bug as urgently as possible. I know I, for one, will not be playing DotA 2 until this matter is resolved.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 10-20-2015 at 05:51 PM. Reason: added vids

iirc it is related to this bug : http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=9406

basically courier/bear won't gain mana by holding energy (or point) boosters / arcane boots

EDITED : btw i do remember some ppl using a huge amount of dagon+courier on diretide to kill rosh, was this actually fixed?
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

i can confirm using dagon on bear by means of energy booster + dagon

Volunteer Moderator
    It's a bug related to the fact that the bear cannot have illusions. It can't get illusions from an illusion rune either

Basic Member
    Why was this bug not fixed in today's patch?

Basic Member
    Maybe because of this? Just wait.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chukky-jr View Post
    iirc it is related to this bug : http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=9406

basically courier/bear won't gain mana by holding energy (or point) boosters / arcane boots

EDITED : btw i do remember some ppl using a huge amount of dagon+courier on diretide to kill rosh, was this actually fixed?
    ['12.07.10] Boosters and other +hp/+mana items dont work on courier

"annoyance" section.

Bear gets mana with boosters, though. Mask of madness/BoT bears are still with us. The thing is, he can't have illusions.

Couriers, on the other side, can't get any mana.

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    Maybe because of this? Just wait.
    Fixed your link, was pointing to the Known Bugs list.

This is likely related to the Bear not producing any illusions when picking up an illusion rune. I'm refreshing the listing with this report instead, and edited in the facts about the rune as well. It doesn't have anything to do with courier and mana-providing items, the bear is able to have mana normally.
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

This issue is so moderate that it is listed with the exact same entry twice to the exact same thread.

Moderate #64 and #6

Basic Member
    I have convinced a second person to boycott Dota 2 until this bug is fixed. Valve, please think of your user-base. The dual Manta + dual Abyssal bear combo is a vital part of DotA's metagame, and this minor bug renders it completely unusable.