Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Seriously? "Doom"?

Quote Originally Posted by pwag42 View Post
    Or Lucifer the Damned. Anything but "Doom" by itself.
    Lucifer the Damned actually sounds quite good.

Basic Member
    I don't care at all. I don't look at names when I play games. I look a the model and I already know who that hero is what he is really called/was called. Stop complaining about the most silly things. Valve can't do it because Blizzard copyrighted the name already. This is beyond your reach unless a Valve developer reads this thread and sees a really good name for him although I doubt anything beyond Doom would be good.

Basic Member
    I don't think anyone can copy "Doom Bringer", which consist of 2 common english words. Changes like Obsidian Destroyer wasn't necessary either. I don't know what is Valve up to.

Basic Member
    You can't copyright a name, trademark it sure but the problem is that it's neither a service nor a product, only thing Blizzard could have trademark'd is Defense of the Ancients or DOTA but I think Valve has that one.

A true demon can never die.

I dare you to show me your bones.

Banned
    How can blizzard copyright Doom bringer? It's a fucking common title. It's like copyrighting warrior cause they have that class in WoW.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by obro View Post
    How can blizzard copyright Doom bringer? It's a fucking common title. It's like copyrighting warrior cause they have that class in WoW.
    Exactly. Why not just use Lucifer as name. Still better then "Doom".

Quote Originally Posted by obro View Post
    Well, you know what, Microsoft copyrighted "Word". That's why Open Office is using "Writer" for their program.

Quote Originally Posted by whaleye View Post
    I heard next patch they're renaming him "Do"
    And I heard the patch after that, Valve is changing his name to "Do the Dew".
    And adding non-walrus Tusk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixclaw View Post
    Well, you know what, Microsoft copyrighted "Word". That's why Open Office is using "Writer" for their program.
    Well ok I CAN understand that one. But they don't hold the copyright to the name word just the program and stuff related.