Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed]Mirana's close range arrow IS bugged (not just visually)

Basic Member

[Confirmed]Mirana's close range arrow IS bugged (not just visually)

*Disclaimer: This is NOT about the known visual glitch.*

Summary:

In DotA 1 when you are close enough to an enemy unit (unit circles overlapping (almost) completely) you can shoot your arrow in any direction and it will hit.
    In Dota 2 you still have to aim in the direction of the enemy unit.

Basically in the following case

the arrow hits in DotA 1 but not in Dota 2.

Repro Steps:
    1. Pick Mirana
    2. Level Elune's Arrow
    3. Buy Shadow Blade
    4. Go invisible and walk "into" an enemy creep so the centre of the creep and the hero are at almost the same spot.
    5. Fire the arrow away from the creep.

Result:
    Arrow does not hit.

Expected Result:
    Arrow hits.

Screenshots:
    Red arrow is supposed to be approximate arrow direction.

DotA:

Creep hits. (My hero turned because I was slightly late with taking the screen shot.)
    In this picture you even see that the little white cloud where the arrow hit is in a different place than where the creep died.

Dota 2:

Arrow misses.

Please don't say it's the cliff or whatever, I noticed this the first time I played PotM in Dota 2 and I tested it repeatedly.

It's a really frustrating bug because it will cause you to miss kills and there's really nothing you can do, at these ranges an enemy can change the direction he's standing in (from your point of view) much faster than you can shoot the arrow.

Basic Member
    By the way I'm not sure if this only applies to close range arrows or if it's a general problem (e.g. it could be that only the point of the arrow can hit units in Dota 2 when the entire arrow should be able to hit).

my first guess is in DOTA 2 mirana's arrow is created in front of her while in DotA the arrow is created on her position, though i don't have the means to check on it right now
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

that's true, i wondered myself why it is like that. if you play vs mirana and stand 2 meters in front of her, you have no chance to avoid the arrow, because it spawns directly in yo face. + the thing the OP said.
    Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

Confirmed. I have been meeting this bug regularly whenever playing POTM

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chukky-jr View Post
    my first guess is in DOTA 2 mirana's arrow is created in front of her while in DotA the arrow is created on her position, though i don't have the means to check on it right now
    I tried taking some screenshots of when the arrow is created, pretty sure I got almost the exact moment in both cases.

I should note that the Dota 2 screenshot is somewhat decieving, Mirana was on the left side of the screen so we are looking at her from the right.
    In DotA 1 the head of the arrow spawns pretty much inside the head of the mount, in Dota 2 it is somewhat in front of it and the mount is longer to begin with. The arrow is also longer though. I'm still unsure as to which parts of the arrow can hit but all in all it seems that yes, the arrow is created farther in front than in DotA 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    I'm still unsure as to which parts of the arrow can hit
    if possible i might test this later, probably in D2 only the 'head' of the arrow can stun
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

This is a huge thing!
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Basic Member
    Well, probably the most frustrating bug in the game, a whole bunch of players I know hate playing PotM in Dota 2 because of this...

Basic Member
    If you test it in dota1 and have 1 enemy infront of you and 1 in the back of potm, arrow will hit the enemy in the back in dota2 it will hit the one in the front dont know if its intended or not but i think it has something to do with the hitbox of arrow in dota2.