Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 crashes every time

Quote Originally Posted by sta1e View Post
    Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg\
    Must be there if you created it.
    I never did, though.

About a month ago, Dota was working pretty good for me, hardly ever crashed.
    I could play game after game without any problems, as long as I didn't use overlay.

Now, after the last few updates including the patch with new items in the drop system,
    it crashes every single match. Yes, you heard me - every. single. bloody. match.

I am asking you Valve, can you please stop focusing on cosmetics and focus on
    the client stability and performance?
    Why are you sacrificing performance for cosmetics?

I am really frustrated now because you basically ruined what was
    up until now a fairly stable and playable game.
    Using the overlay was still causing it to crash, but I stopped using it and it was fine.
    Now I know I will drop at some point in the game, and my only hope
    is that I don't drop in the middle of a fight.

This is really disappointing, Dota 2 is turning into a bloated game
    that only those with 16GB of RAM will ever be able to play.
    CPU: Core i5 6400 @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 1333MHz
    MB: ASUS H110M-K
    AV: n/a

Basic Member
    I appreciate the effort, but I can report that reinstalling Steam in C:\Games provides no change to the stability of the game.

Basic Member
    I found a solution and here it is : 1. Remove Dota 2
    2. Remove Steam
    3. Never ever install that again
    4. Log in the gameranger
    5. Play old school Dota 1
    6. Show your screen a finger with a big smile imagining valve can see you and your finger
    Last edited by c2h5; 03-03-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Basic Member
    So, I can generally always make it through the first match I play without a crash. Replays, however, are much, much worse. I originally thought it was just old replays (the first replay I experienced non-stop crashes with was from December), but while casting TPL4 Dignitas v Empire game 3, I experienced 5 total crashes, all in the second-half of the game. Made it fine for the first 30 minutes, then it couldn't go 5 minutes without another crash. These were on top of the "typical" crashes that I experience after viewing more than one game in a row.

This is a serious problem. I paid good money for access to these replays, and they are currently not viewable as a result of these crashes. I've done the game cache verification, I've updated my video drivers as well as Windows, it happens regardless of what's running in the background, this doesn't happen with any other games or software, and it got a lot worse since last Thursday.

Please reduce our angst a bit here and recognize that this problem exists.

I found out that reducing shadows and textures from high to medium stops it from crashing....for now.
    I hope it will remain that way after the next update.
    CPU: Core i5 6400 @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 1333MHz
    MB: ASUS H110M-K
    AV: n/a

Basic Member
    Mine were already set to some reduced level, but I think I may have a bit of good news regardless.

I was able to play my first crash-free bot game after crashing anywhere between 7-25 minutes in other ones I've tried, so maybe this will help others. Before starting Dota 2, go to the Task Manager, then Processes tab, right click steam.exe and set the priority to high. Again this is only from one game at this point so it's hardly conclusive proof that this does much, but hopefully some of you who have been experiencing a similar problem (most notably from the last patch) will find this helpful in some way.

If anyone tries it, let me know how this works out. Good luck.

Basic Member
    what is the point of reducing the game options when we all have pc's that can run max settings without problem why i can play crysis3 a demand pc game on verry high with gts450 1gb ddr5 i5-3570k 8gb of ram without any problems and dota2 crashesh like hell i send a ticket to the valve responce was to try -config in launch option waw that didn't solve the problem i am amazed 1st they invite us to testing so we report there is game ruin bug/crash and yey they still didn't fix that .. or the other thing is they can't fix this because they don't know what cause it and still we deserve a f*king explanation what going on
    my way of solving this problem is pre instal microsoft net frames and redistruble 64 and 86bit it's working for a couple a games after i set the cpu on dota to work on core 0 and 1
    Last edited by WasilMihow; 03-04-2013 at 01:43 AM.

What can we do, though? Only say "VOLVO FIX" as loud as we can, hoping they'll stop pretending they don't see.

The game is unplayable to me I really regret buying those item sets and keys now, and I doubt I'll make the same mistake again.

Basic Member
    Today it crashed half the games I've played, 2 times at the very start of the game right when the loading screen finishes, the rest were just random...