Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 crashes every time

Basic Member
    bump.

Absolutely ridiculous that I've gotta pull teeth to get any sort of response...I assure you that this thread will be checked and bumped daily until there is a satisfactory solution.
    Last edited by wtfisgoingon; 01-28-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Basic Member
    bump.

Basic Member
    bump.

Basic Member
    Happens to me now every game. Can login fine and start the game, but about 5mins in or so it starts freezing and I have to ctrl+alt+del and stop the Dota2 application. Then restart the game and log back in. This happens to me now every game, it freezes around 2 or 3 times each game. I've got some bans and stuff because of this and let me tell you, it's totally runing my experience with Dota. I'm so pissed and frustrated that this keeps on happening. I've tried reinstalling Steam, Dota and even Windows. Nothing happens, still the same problem. After I restart my computer it might work for a game or two, but the freezing always comes back. Really strange that Valve has said nothing about it due to the fact that so many people have this or similar/related problems. Please do something to fix this, cause right now I can't play this wonderful game and its extremely frustrating.

Basic Member
    bump.

also happening very consistently when alt-tabbing (can't get the game to open again) or at the end scorecard.

Basic Member
    now I can't alt-tab at all without the game disappearing from my taskbar.

This is real good, guys.

Basic Member
    bump.

omg i had the same issues, dota2 crashed either upon loading or in game. I noticed people are bumping this thread again to see for any fixes ^__^ but i think this issue is not getting any good news. so what i do as a little remedy to this annoying problem, i just restarted my dota2 and steam at the end of every match... i just had a feeling that the game crashes when you run the game for a long period of time. just like an old machine getting overheated hehe ^__^ so just quit dota2 after every match then re-run... it works for me i hope it will also for you guys... happy ganking

Basic Member
    Yeah, I could do that, but it's not acceptable (to me, anyway) to make people go through extra steps because the game doesn't work correctly - that shouldn't be the user's issue to fix.

Basic Member
    bump