Thread: [Confirmed] Courier giving bounty even if there's already a dead one

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Courier giving bounty even if there's already a dead one

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=66243

Well, a mention of http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=69152 who reminds me about my older thread.

Summary: Killing courier when there's one dead will still give the killer 175g.

Repro:
    -Create 1 ally hero
    -Have an enemy spawn at least 2 courier
    -Kill first courier, check gold on you and ally
    -Kill second courier

Result:
    You will get another 175g, your ally doesn't.

Expected:
    Neither of you get any gold from that second courier.

Should be a simple one to fix, remove the 175g bounty on courier, and make the team-bounty give to all 5 players instead of 'the other 4'
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    i havent really played DotA since this change, but i did notice this time and time again in dota 2. is the behaviour in wc3 that nobody gets gold off a second courier? the bold text in your other thread that you linked seems to explicitly state that the TEAM bounty should only occur if there isn't one dead, but doesn't make specific mention that the courier shouldn't have a bounty (for the killer) at all. in that case, isn't this working as intended?
    Last edited by vladhood; 01-12-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    i havent really played DotA since this change, but i did notice this time and time again in dota 2. is the behaviour in wc3 that nobody gets gold off a second courier? the bold text in your other thread that you linked seems to explicitly state that the TEAM bounty should only occur if there isn't one dead, but doesn't make specific mention that the courier shouldn't have a bounty (for the killer) at all. in that case, isn't this working as intended?
    See the other thread, scroll down to see Wyn's response (that other thread was asking for someone to test it)
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    oh, duh. only response, too. well, then.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Bump, this should be a high-priority fix

Basic Member
    This isn't a bug lol. If you can read the dota 2 updates awhile ago it said one courier gives everyone golda nd after that only the killer gets the gold.

It might be a bug with the other game. Either way, it's a 'rare' bug since most of the time a team only has one courier.

Of course in the other game, it's more common to have more than one courier for the team, but that is not this forum's concern.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.