Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A more dynamic map environment

Basic Member

A more dynamic map environment

I was just watching a dota2 video and there was an invoker clip of him killing an invis BH with the tornado-meteor-blast combo...and i thought of something. As I watched the tornado go through the tress I randomly thought wouldn't that be cool if the trees would react to it? Like maybe they should sway around and have some leaves fly off or something. Right now they just stay perfectly still. Or in the water have like mist come up or something. As with other spells like primal roar I think this would work too! Trees swaying back when BM ults near trees.

I think in general the trees should be a little more dynamic instead of being so static and not moving at all.

What are your guys thoughts on this? What other spells or things happening do you think could have an effect on the trees or other parts of the map? I think this would be an awesome addition to DotA2!!

Please post your thoughts!

some ideas(will edit with more suggestions):

-trees swaying with wind/energy/etc type spells
    -trees that don't get destroyed lighting on fire with fire-like spells
    -water reacting to wind/energy/etc type spells
    -use of quelling blade on a tree will cause the tree to cut and fall over instead of blowing into a million pieces.
    Last edited by men1kmati; 01-13-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Nature's Profit can make trees move...

On a more serious note, I like your suggestion. I just see that as something to add after the game is completed.

Some people may say it's a distraction though, which can be an issue in a highly competitive game.
    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

+1 if its only noticeable if you actually look for it. Otherwise if there is too much happening with environment like trees then I believe it'll make things like eating tangoes/juking annoying

Quote Originally Posted by slowreflex View Post
    Nature's Profit can make trees move...

On a more serious note, I like your suggestion. I just see that as something to add after the game is completed.

Some people may say it's a distraction though, which can be an issue in a highly competitive game.
    Just make an option to disable it and everything's fine. Although I doubt it would be that distracting anyway.

+1, if someone has time and fun in that, I'd love Valve to implement it. But Techies is more important.

Basic Member
    think of like invokers meteor and other "fire-like" spells setting trees on fire and then leave the tree scorched! that would be cool.

I already suggested that. You can't see the thread, though. It is private.

But if a dev is reading this thread and wants to re-read my thread, here is the link: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=56494.

Quote Originally Posted by wesai View Post
    I already suggested that. You can't see the thread, though. It is private.

But if a dev is reading this thread and wants to re-read my thread, here is the link: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=56494.
    +1 here and +1 on your thread if I can ever get access to it. Making the map play around with the action of the game seems like the next logical step when it comes to game immersion. However, like ambient creatures, it needs to be implemented along with an option to turn it off for players with lesser-end rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevante View Post
    +1 here and +1 on your thread if I can ever get access to it. Making the map play around with the action of the game seems like the next logical step when it comes to game immersion. However, like ambient creatures, it needs to be implemented along with an option to turn it off for players with lesser-end rigs.
    turn it off? lol fuck off
    "Look around, look around, look around..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhuanrj View Post
    turn it off? lol fuck off
    Read that last part again, please.

Basic Member
    what does everyone think?