Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bastion Announcer lines removed?

Basic Member

Bastion Announcer lines removed?

Can anyone confirm this?

I think this is pretty terrible thing to do, considering people have payed for it already and now the value is being diminished.

Basic Member
    I'm rather curious as well. I know they removed the lines for Doom Bringer (at least after testing his spawn about 30 times) and that upset me a fair bit but if they're going to make this a common trend why the hell would I keep buying announcer packs? Hell some insight into WHY they were changing hero names and such would make me feel a lot better in the least, but the complete silence as to the motivation and the fact that it's both annoying and affecting the announcer packs I've bought makes me more than a bit annoyed.

Basic Member
    I find the silence about this matter completely infuriating, I paid actual money for the announcer and every patch I have to worry some cool line gets removed. It's so damn unprofessional of Valve to change content so freely and provide no explanation at all.

Basic Member
    While I'm getting kind of aggravated yeah, I'm not going to start getting pissed directly at valve. I'm under the impression that they're either tied up in some legal snaffu or something else that's preventing them from actually communicating to us why they're being so quiet. Regardless I hear you Radio, I'm sure there's a reason but it's definitely impacting my desire to purchase more announcers, regardless of how good they sound. Kind of a loss of security/confidence in purchasing type thing.

Basic Member
    Jesus christ you guys are fickle.

Valve has an amazing track record and is known as the flagship gaming company that does things right- approved by the gamers ourselves.

It's getting adjusted, and they'll add something else to make up for it later. Have some god damn faith.

I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal and you have to understand that since it's a beta, things will get removed, things will change and that's something everyone should expect to happen. You all take a risk by spending money on a beta item.

Still, it's just a couple of lines. They can't keep them in, it's not Valve's fault, and it's unrealistic to expect them to re-record lines everytime a change happens.

Agreed. The most infuriating reason is that their names were not even breaking any copyrighted names. What is a Outworld Destroyer in Blizzard games? Doombringer is present in other games and never was a problem.

Valve should really stand up to Blizzard if that is the case. These names could be used in any other game and would never cause any trouble for them.

I won't forget about Centaur Warruner... Also a terrible name.

Basic Member
    New lines have been added for Bastion already in the TEst Client. Cyborg just tested it.

New lines such

as BristleBUG (this is going to be like this)

He now says DOOM

he says Outword Demolisher

They have been added

new lines for ONLY MID aswell Had been added. It was on his stream.

Basic Member
    I appreciate the new lines, and I still do firmly believe Valve's doing right by us, but I don't think it's fickle to be concerned when shit like this is happening two weeks in a row. Aesthetics mean quite a bit to me and I bought the announcer packs I did because I enjoyed the lines. Do I regret doing so? No. But do I feel safe judging whether I should buy further announcer packs with the changes to Doom and OD in the last couple weeks, and the subsequent changes to the packs? Not really. Until I understand why they're happening it just doesn't seem worth it knowing there's a distinct chance that some line I really enjoyed might be changed and/or removed at a whim. No shot at Valve just don't really feel it's a worthwhile investment any longer.

Though yeah, it's a beta, can't really bitch. I'll just be patient till they get all this shit sorted out and explained.
    Last edited by Aniaran; 01-16-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acf3passion View Post
    Jesus christ you guys are fickle.

Valve has an amazing track record and is known as the flagship gaming company that does things right- approved by the gamers ourselves.

It's getting adjusted, and they'll add something else to make up for it later. Have some god damn faith.

It's less about people being fickle, and more about people being disturbed with the lack of transparency.
    I'm sure a large portion of the people who come to the dev forums to complain about these changes wouldn't mind half a bit if Valve actually came out and said "We did this because X, and if the option is available, we can reverse it if the community so desires."

But we haven't gotten that message. Ever. I think people who came from DotA are used to a more community experience, where one could email Icefrog about even fickle things and usually get a response with a transparent explanation, unless it was about balance because that would be a waste of time.