Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Courier has no upgrade path ?

Basic Member
    it's a very minor thing

bump

sup

Agree, more than once I ve seen new players buy a flying courier first because they thought it was the better of the two.
    AXE DOES NOT PICK SIDES!!! But Axe is on your side. -Axe

Basic Member
    Still, it's not linear and this was discussed on another, similar thread. By showing a linear path, you're implying that one must buy one to achieve the other. This is NOT true in the case of courier progression. Player A can buy courier while Player B can buy the flying. It is NOT linear. And, in the way Dota 2 has been working, if it were shown as linear, that would imply that right-click purchasing the flying courier would auto purchase the walking, which is not true and also not what you would want anyway.

All they need to do is add a tool-tip or some red text or anything that shows when you mouse over the flying courier "Your team must already have a courier in order to use this upgrade." There, done.

Basic Member
    Having the flying courier's icon just appear when you click the Animal Courier, and vice versa, with no link between them whatsoever, would be best.

+1 this is how it should be

I definitely agree, and have discussed this very thing with some of my friends who I introduced to DOTA2. To them it looked like you could buy two different kinds of courier, so they immediately chose to buy the flying one.

Maybe the initial courier could even have an "upgrade" ability itself? Maybe in place of the greyed-out "Burst of speed" button ...

bump

Basic Member
    Agree +1