Thread: [Confirmed] Few more Thunderclap-based skills are purgeable and shouldn't

[Confirmed] Few more Thunderclap-based skills are purgeable and shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    - Fixed Thunderclap being purgable.
    Since it's mentioned in changelog I guess all of them should be fixed at same time

- Ursa Warrior, Earthshock
    - neutral ursa, thunder clap
    - BM Primal Roar sideeffect slow
    - Faceless Void, Time Walk (separate vid)

//edit: after parsing code apparently also those skils are based on thunderclap:
    - Skeleton King, Reincarnation slow
    - Slardar, Slithereen Crush (slow part)

are not purgeable in dota1 (vid of first 3)

all are in dota2 (video placeholder):

//edit:
    18.04.13 removed skywrath
    Last edited by adrianlegg; 04-17-2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added new
    You gotta FIGHT!
    For Your RIGHT!
    To BUUUGFIX!

Banned
    I like your ms paint mockup. No kiting allowed on Naix..... Run, you fools.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Further clarification:

In dota1 those debuffs should not be purged by gaining MagicImmunity, but they should be by activating Manta/Mirror Image/Phantasm. (also Charm based abilities, so Holy Persuasion/HoD)

Currently, if I'm correct, we have only 2 thunderclap-based skills that are not by dispeled by MagicImmunity :
    - brewmaster, thunderclap
    - skywrath, concussive shot

and slow from those two should be purged by manta/..., at least it is in dota1. (testmap)

Rest of skills mentioned in first post are purged by MagicImmunity, and should not, but still should be by MirrorImage (and they are currently).
    You gotta FIGHT!
    For Your RIGHT!
    To BUUUGFIX!

I find this "... based ability" so annoying.

Can't all the spells be like... unique ? Why do they all have to be based on some other spell ? WHy do they all have to behave the same like the spell they were based on ?

ffs

Because all skills in Warcraft need a base. As the interaction is not there, it has to be sort of copied.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    ^While true not so true, you could trigger all the effects so they all work uniquely, for thunderclap you could add slow based auras to the units in the AoE and damage them with an stormbolt, then remove the aura or not if the unit is purged, becomes magic immune, etc, etc, heck you can even make them not take damage if they are anti-mage and take triple damage if they are dragon knight, get double the slow if they are ranged except if they are techies who takes only a quarter of the damage, but it gets annoying and complicated to code things like that.

Then you have to base the slow on the slow aura, and there are not auras for every purpose Every skill in Warcraft 3 needs a basis, if it should affect the unit in some way.
    You could actually use a stat system and tons of dummy buffs, but THAT'S realy a lot of work :P
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Are all thunder clap based abilities cripples rather than just slows? Some that you mentioned (time walk, reincarnate, earthshock, crush) don't have AS reductions listed for Dota 2

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kolt View Post
    I find this "... based ability" so annoying.

Can't all the spells be like... unique ? Why do they all have to be based on some other spell ? WHy do they all have to behave the same like the spell they were based on ?

ffs
    as already said a base ability provides a nice foundation for your spell. you do not have to code all interactions yourself. you simply change a few parameters (you can even set them to 0) and you have a different spell.
    it is far easier than completely coding a new spell and usually it is sufficient since it is consistent with the rest of the game.
    coding/triggering gives you more freedom ofc. in many cases both things are mixed with each other (e.g. echo slam triggers several fan of knives abilities with a different animation).
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage