Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Equipped announcer isn't selected by default

Happens to me too, hope it gets fixed this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    - Fixed Bloodseeker getting slowed down by haste

Basic Member
    It's turned off in captain's mode as well and you can't change it during drafting phase. Very frustrating

Exclamation

I have this bug as well, but with slightly different effects. The Bastion Announcer Pack IS ENABLED during Hero Selection, but switches to the Default Announcer after I spawn as my selected hero; the Bastion Mega-Kills Pack remains active at all times.

Though I haven't done any careful analysis and I am working off memory, the currently equipped announcer pack should work during the Hero Selection phase. However, my best guess is that when the game performs the Shared Items check on every player it somehow disables each person's main announcer pack and lists it in the menu. I cannot figure out any possible cause for this, if this is the case.

Additional idea: it would have been neat to have a line for each announcer that alerts the player when there are other announcers available should they wish to switch to them. This likely couldn't be implemented in any existing or recorded packs since they wouldn't have the voice talent come in to add one non-crucial line.

INCOMING RANT (unrelated to the announcer bug, more related to the announcer pack idea and forum etiquette)
    I'm not a moderator, merely an idea man, but I'm going to say this here and try to enforce some rules/common sense because I hate seeing good ideas fall short.
    This is not an angry or raging rant. This is not meant to be offensive or insulting to anyone. This is strict but positive criticism that applies to ANYONE posting here and presenting their ideas, suggestions, concerns, etc.
    (moderators/administrators, forgive me if I'm stepping beyond my bounds, but I cannot bear this poor presentation)

First of all, if you would like to suggest a Broodmother Announcer Pack, I'd suggest doing so in it's own topic. Mixing topics together by just tacking on irrelevant ideas at the end is a surefire way to make sure neither of them gain much attention, as well as look poor and unprofessional which impacts the quality of your arguments and ideas. Additionally, for an increased chance in obtaining results, I recommend following the Forum Rules and labeling topic titles with the appropriate prefixes like [Suggestion] or [Bug], which will likely draw it more attention.

Secondly, another note about the Broodmother Announcer Pack suggestion: if you're going to suggest it, if all you have to say is "broodmother announcer pls", then you can be dead sure you won't get one; please try to create at least a small list of sample lines that would be used in the announcer pack to really sell its appeal. I could see about working on this myself at some point, but I have many, many ideas on my plate to chew on - it's basically all I've been doing lately. To the rest of you, I can understand if you don't have any input for a suggestion, but do please try to give some feedback or additional suggestions.

Lastly, overusing emoticons such as ">.<" and "smiley faces" do not contribute to your cause in any way, shape, or form. This is a forum dedicated to the discussion and development of a well presented, high quality video game - not a Youtube comment, not a Livestream chat, and not a Skype message. Even though the forum includes a set of available emoticons, they are not to be used in lieu of punctuation. Try to use a sense of professionalism if you truly care about the game and wish to see it improved, and if you have any respect for your own ideas and opinions. If typing everything presentably and meticulously consumes too much of your time, you may need to rethink how much what you have to say means to you.

Forgive me if my rant may have seemed harsh and/or out of place. I can remove this rant section from this post and only leave the relevant bug information if need be. I've just grown tired of seeing ideas I like and support presented with a poor image that likely subtracts from its chances of becoming officially created/implemented.

~ Mister Musashi, just an idea man
    No matter how hard I try...

I can't carry the entire world.

Basic Member

Smile

Mister Musashi, I see your point, but honestly, I haven't put more than 2 min. into this whole thread when I wrote it, but I will keep it in mind for future threads.

Still have this problem every now and again, I assume a fix is coming in next patch?

Basic Member
    I have this bug as well, but with slightly different effects. The Bastion Announcer Pack IS ENABLED during Hero Selection, but switches to the Default Announcer after I spawn as my selected hero; the Bastion Mega-Kills Pack remains active at all times.
    Same here.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaarkchaoS View Post
    Now that you mention it (I don't know about the OP) the bug only happens when playing actual games/private lobbies. But it actually works as intended when I'm specting a match.
    Same issue, anytime I am playing, it automatically disables my equipped announcer after hero selection and I have to turn it back on. Leaves my announcer equipped when spectating.

I'm thinking it has to do with how the game gathers the info for the content sharing tab, IE when the hero selection ends it triggers a player loadout search to see what is equipped to add it to the share tab, but at the same time starts using the share tab as the filter for what to use. Since the share tab has everything default as the default option, it unequips/deactivates your custom one. Haven't seen any way to change anything in regards to the HUD or other content tabs in the settings so this will have to be a client side fix.

Same line of thinking as Mister Musashi essentially. I do like the idea of having a verbal line from the announcers that notifies players of shared content, though the in game text is usually my reminder that I need to reactivate my death prophet announcer. Just wish I had a mega-kill pack for her too.

Basic Member
    +1. Sharing is caring, but default one should be my one.

Basic Member

Equipped announcer isn't selected by default

When I start a game, at the hero picking phase, I can hear my announcer perfectly, but when the game starts the default announcer automatically gets selected and you have to manually select your equipped announcer in the share section.
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

I can confirm this, it happens to me too. (I think this was already been discused here).
    I use the Bastion Announcer, and in the Hero Pick phase everything is all right but as soon as the game starts the default announcer is automatically selected.

As is said in that thread, it only happens to the main announcer, but the Mega-Kill anouncer remains selected. I hope they fix this soon.