View Poll Results: Do you need an option to change camera distance?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

55 44.72%
  • No

68 55.28%
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The camera is too zoomed in

For me it is too zoomed out. Everything is so small. The distance from the ground should be like Warcraft 3's, then we can see everything clearly.

Otherwise it's just the HP bars being too small (it's a lot harder to last hit in Dota 2 because the HP bars are so small and I can't hit accurately)

Basic Member
    Its fine.....

Basic Member
    You shoudnt settle for "It's fine" >.<; It's too close, it creates a really uncomfortable experience

Core Tester
    people are really complaining about this?

This is DotA2 camera.
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...TA2Compare.jpg

This is HoN camera.
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...oNStandard.jpg

if anything the DotA2 one is zoomed out slightly more than HoN's. This also contributes to the feel of a faster game.
    You want to know what HoN would look like using the same camera as DotA well here.
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...t/HoNDOTA2.jpg

The issue here is that people are complaining about the wrong thing. The camera is already zoomed out in comparison to LoL and HoN, the difference is that HoN and LoL all use relatively small model sizes in comparison to what DotA has, and the models are large for their own reasons. The distance a hero travels in DotA2 will feel smaller because it is in comparison to a hero with a slightly larger model.

Basic Member
    The camera is OK.
    Huge HUD when playing in 16x9 isn't.

Basic Member
    I totally agree, the HUD is too big, the camera is too zoomed in.

The dota_camera_distance console command need sv_cheats set to 1 for some reason. Is it a cheat to increase your view size?

This seems retarded to me. It feels like running a formula 1 car with binoculars....

Its fine the way it is, but if you pay attention the main bases are slightly more elevated than anywhere else on the map, so most of the time it only looks close in when your character is in the main base, but not elsewhere. At least thats how it feels for me. Its a little more zoomed in than HoN (which is what I've grown used to over the last year or so) but overall I think its totally playable, as long as its equally for everyone I don't see any problem.
    [/URL]

This is exactly what I thought at first but have a look at this side by side comparison of HoN and Dota2, as close as i could get to the same spot on the map with the 'same' hero.
    As you can see they're nearly identical, if anything I'd say Dota 2 looks ever so slight more zoomed out but his might be an optical illusion because of the different textures/colours.

1920x1200 here and it's WAY too zoomed in. I feel like I can barely see anything and I don't have room to click.

I think the UI, just takes up WAYYYY to much space and it is cutting down our field of view. I know its beta but this ui is horrible.