Thread: [Feature Suggestion/Request][Discussion?] K-D-A and Hero Level in GetLiveLeagueGames

Basic Member

[Feature Suggestion/Request][Discussion?] K-D-A and Hero Level in GetLiveLeagueGames

Hi all,

Since we have a call that give us some nice stats about live league games( such as tower state and heroes choosen), I thought that it would be a good idead to have a little more.

Why?
    The current information avaliable is very lacking, sure the Towers can tell some progress, but towers alone dont hold a lot of meanning.

Together with towers, there's a lot more information for a follower to digest, also we could calculate a time for the kills if our application calls are reserved to this task (by comparing our last call with the new one), we would be providing a really huge amount of information to the users.

Why just K-D-A and Heros Levels
    First because all that information is acessible for the players in oposing teams in-game, so checking a app/website that gives this away wont be cheating.

Second, we dont want to overload Valve's servers, do we?

Cons
    It's more information for Valve to have in cache, while towers are just a few bits, kills etc will need much more space(a few bytes).

I dont know how Valve gives and stores the information for the API, so I can't tell if these stats (for League Games only) would be too much since its a few bytes...But I would like to know if those bytes would be too much, or Valve do not want to implement this, or they simply don't have the time to do it now.

I would appreciate the opinion of this community, and a Dev reply would make me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    Why just K-D-A and Heros Levels
    First because all that information is acessible for the players in oposing teams in-game, so checking a app/website that gives this away wont be cheating.

Second, we dont want to overload Valve's servers, do we?
    Valve have a full live scoreboarding system used at the first International (don't remember the second much, but I think it was there too).

I don't think it would necessarily overload anything.

Basic Member
    +1 on this, I think there could be some interesting stuff made with that kind of information. I'm thinking of how some people listen to cricket on the radio, or watch the scoreboards online when working - I'd say dota fans would be just as, if not more fanatic.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Netshroud View Post
    Valve have a full live scoreboarding system used at the first International (don't remember the second much, but I think it was there too).

I don't think it would necessarily overload anything.
    I remember using it during TI2 group stage

Basic Member
    Yeah this would be great. Even just adding match time and kill score would make the get liveleague feature so much more useful for viewers.
    datdota.com -- Dota 2 Stats for the Professional Scene

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razumov View Post
    Yeah this would be great. Even just adding match time and kill score would make the get liveleague feature so much more useful for viewers.
    Yes, right now, the call getliveleaguegames, is almost useless for the wider audience, the basically only tells us who's playing with who...

Score will give us a lot more information, and I bilieve that a lot of apps will appear to cover this (i would make one myself)

Basic Member
    There is already GetMatchDetails which gives us all the information we want for a match, its just only for completed matches. I would like to see it made available for live matches. If it is made available for live matches, it should be made to have the 2 minute delay that spectators have so it matches what people are seeing on their screens.

Valve already appeared to have it at TI2, so why not let us all have it?

Basic Member
    Came TI3, and Valve showed it again....