Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: input delay, will it stay?

Basic Member
    WOW I was about to make a post about it, but you did it first! That's only issue I have with this game, everything else is great... It's that exact feeling that game is supper not responsive to your actions, starting from the movement and the speed of casting spells, please do not that I'm not talking about spell casting time. It's the speed of the spell and the animation of it, as well as is just too slow, I really feel a bit board playing because of that, I'm not as exicited or I don't have to be always on the edge of my sit to have best to do whatever in time... It's just as you said feels slugish and not smoth. that's all other then that it's awesome

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royds View Post
    People have been talking about delays since I started playing DOTA2, I haven't encountered this problem, neither have any of my 8 friends who are also playing this game.
    Maybe you are just used to it?

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    typically just hon players complain about said 'delay', actually
    Well maybe because in HoN it's super responsive? I know ya'll hate HoN with passion and so one, and that people complain about everything, but if you honestly want to say that "This is not HoN, it's fine as it is because it's DOTA!!" then i'll lose faith in this community. I mean we talk about a DELAY here, theres NOTHING, absolutely nothing positive about it.

Basic Member
    I have also felt sluggish as i play my games. It feels like I'm playing on japanese servers with the amount of delay between me clicking and the hero attacking. While it IS tolerable right now, once more spammy heroes come out (like Invoker) I have a feeling its going to become much more pronounced.

That's weird. I've played HoN for quite some time and I don't experience this delay you're talking about. I think it is equally responsive.

Some people seem to have delays, while others (like me) do not.
    It's pretty strange, not gunna lie.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    typically just hon players complain about said 'delay', actually
    which shows that that is something that dota 2 is inferior on, which needs be fixed to make it superior.

The delay is fine atm. It used to be much worse a month ago. It literally took 1 second until your hero moved.

Basic Member
    If there's really still a delay that's negatively affecting your play, make another video comparison of DOTA2/HON delay. SUNSFan made one a while ago and the developers issued a fix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0YQP4TQdsA so if someone makes another video demonstrating that the delay is still worse than HON, you might get another fix.

Quote Originally Posted by theqat View Post
    If there's really still a delay that's negatively affecting your play, make another video comparison of DOTA2/HON delay. SUNSFan made one a while ago and the developers issued a fix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0YQP4TQdsA so if someone makes another video demonstrating that the delay is still worse than HON, you might get another fix.
    I am about to make such a video just that I have never done any video editing before and am not sure what software to use yet so it'll take a while but it will definitely be done.

Basic Member
    People saying that "only HoN players complain about delay!" are being rather ignorant. S2 had amazing response times, it's what they excelled at.

This is something Dota 2 is lacking, there isn't any valid reason that Valve shouldn't mimic S2's technology and reduce the input delay.

It's a significant point and it makes the game feel sluggish, otherwise Dota 2 is rather flawless in the "flow" of gameplay.