Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: input delay, will it stay?

Basic Member
    I noticed this to, it's a bit annoying.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theqat View Post
    If there's really still a delay that's negatively affecting your play, make another video comparison of DOTA2/HON delay. SUNSFan made one a while ago and the developers issued a fix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0YQP4TQdsA so if someone makes another video demonstrating that the delay is still worse than HON, you might get another fix.
    Why doesn't SUNSFan just make another video? Probably wouldn't be too hard for him.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Why doesn't SUNSFan just make another video? Probably wouldn't be too hard for him.
    No idea. I might try to do it myself tonight, but I'm not super intent on it as I don't feel the delay very much, if at all

Quote Originally Posted by carlito View Post
    Try those settings:

I don't know what the defaultsettings are, but the ones above solved my "delay-issues" completely. You just have to put them in your config and make it read-only. Hopefully this works for you as well.

where do i input this?
    Last edited by mamamiA; 11-21-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    typically just hon players complain about said 'delay', actually
    Count me in too and I am a DotA player, not a HoN player. I am comparing it to DotA via Dotalicious. It probably is better than it used to be (wasn't in beta, when it was worse), but I still recognize a larger delay than in WC3.
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Quote Originally Posted by galnegus View Post
    S2 uses the exact same attack animation speeds for the ported dota heroes so there should theoretically be no difference in last hitting with Plague Rider/Lich or Glacius/Crystal Maiden with the same latency, but there is. Only turning speed is sped up in HoN, not attack animations.
    No, all HoN heroes have the same attack animation, the only thing it change is projectile speed..
    Best example: Pyro/Lina

On topic: they fixed the delay already, I see no problem.

hmm maybe it is the routing for me then :/
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

Basic Member
    There most definitely is still a delay.

It is better, than it used to be and it is fine that way. The "response delay" I experience is like 0.1 seconds. Considering, I have a 80 ping (40 to server and 40 back), which is like 0.080 and it is highly co-responding with the 0.100, I experience.

No idea what Valve should change there now.

@Stryker Please make a new video counting AGAIN the response delay. The other one is outdated since this problem got fixed 2-3 weeks ago.
    Last edited by matthe2; 11-21-2011 at 02:25 PM.

It is quite hard to show this delay with a video because I don't know exactly when to start counting the milliseconds and where to stop.
    Currently my thought it to use software which signals on the screen whenever the right mouse button is pushed in order to accurately determine when the counting begins, determining when to stop is harder though since I would have to check the video frame by frame to see exactly when the hero's movement animation begins.
    Right now I am looking for software that "signals" right clicks instantly on the screen, if anyone knows any let me know please.