Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: input delay, will it stay?

Basic Member

Question input delay, will it stay?

Hey there

I just wanted to know if the input delay of like ~0.2-0.3 seconds is intentional?
    Is there a official post about this?

It's really the only problem I've had with my ~15 games until now. It makes the game feel kinda sluggish.
    I don't know the general mindset on this, but this is really destroying my anticipation for the full release. Every game i play i think "Wow this game is so well designed, it's so much fun, but how much fun would it be if everything would be extremely responsive?

I'd appreciate it if anyone can point me into the right direction

Thank you!

Basic Member
    Try those settings:

cl_interp "0.0152"
    cl_interp_ratio "1"
    cl_smooth "0"
    cl_smoothtime "0.01"
    I don't know what the defaultsettings are, but the ones above solved my "delay-issues" completely. You just have to put them in your config and make it read-only. Hopefully this works for you as well.

Basic Member
    Interesting, will try those settings tomorrow, thank you!

Basic Member
    i dont got delays o.O

Basic Member
    People have been talking about delays since I started playing DOTA2, I haven't encountered this problem, neither have any of my 8 friends who are also playing this game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royds View Post
    People have been talking about delays since I started playing DOTA2, I haven't encountered this problem, neither have any of my 8 friends who are also playing this game.
    typically just hon players complain about said 'delay', actually

Basic Member
    yes its hon players only because hon is so much faster paced and require quicker reactions, so when you come to dota 2 and you want to react to something but it doesnt go as fast as hon then it feels slow and sluggish compared to hon.

Basic Member
    Last hitting on european servers in Dota 2 (40-80 ms) feels like last hitting on US East servers in HoN (~100-200 ms) basically.
    S2 uses the exact same attack animation speeds for the ported dota heroes so there should theoretically be no difference in last hitting with Plague Rider/Lich or Glacius/Crystal Maiden with the same latency, but there is. Only turning speed is sped up in HoN, not attack animations.

European server says ~50ms but maybe it's actually higher?

I feel the slow responsiveness aswell, although I think it's because of my internet.
    Hope valve widens their servers.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito View Post
    Try those settings:

I don't know what the defaultsettings are, but the ones above solved my "delay-issues" completely. You just have to put them in your config and make it read-only. Hopefully this works for you as well.
    what you mean by put them in your config and make it read only? can make screenshot for me? appreciate...thanks