Thread: [Confirmed] Cold Snap and Reincarnation/Aegis/Death interaction is wrong

[Confirmed] Cold Snap and Reincarnation/Aegis/Death interaction is wrong

Summary:

If a unit that has been affected by the Cold Snap (Invoker) is sent to limbo, while holding an Aegis of Immortal or having the skill Reincarnation (Skeleton King), that unit comes back to life without the Cold Snap effect/debuff.
    It also should overcome death.

Reproduction Steps:
    1. Get an Invoker with Cold Snap and Quas maxed yeah this is pretty minor actually
    2. Create an enemy Skeleton King with Reincarnation
    3. For the best results kill him with the Cold Snap's initial damage
    4. Wait for the Skeleton King to come back to life

Current Result:

Skeleton King resurrects without the Cold Snap effect.

Expected Result:

If the Cold Snap hasn't expired during the resurrection delay, the Skeleton King should come back to life with the remaining Cold Snap effect.

If done as described, without too much effort to perfect it, Skeleton King will be Cold Snapped for 3 seconds.
    But this time decreases to 1 second if done with the Aegis of Immortal.
    I won't even bother to give examples for the Death aspect. Gameplaywise, it is completely unimportant.

Still, a bug is a bug, and I'm just reporting it.

Basic Member
    very nice job. again impressed me

also happens with a lot of buffs (the easiest to test out while testing cold snap is defeaning blast buff, the knockback and the disable), though i didn't bother reporting before lol
    Testing bugs between DOTA 2 and DotA - No Test Client
    Common Gameplay Bugs list
    Intended Gameplay Fix list
    Times quoted: OVER NINE THOUSAND

Quote Originally Posted by GothicCream View Post
    Almost of every pokemon game that have online match. 75% of player are using full legendary pokemon team with all of them being sent out from master ball. And they got pawn by Magikarp.

Many buffs do not even carry on longer than 3 seconds, so even if Reincarnation shouldn't remove them, it is useless to report them.
    Except the ones that should overcome the Death. It is better to report the ones with Death no matter how long the duration is, since they can be reproduced with a Bloodstone or instant-buyback. Yet, since the unit is reborn in at the fountain safety, they are also unimportant in most cases, but wouldn't be bad if they got fixed aswell...