Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Troll Warlord (Valve Lore)

Basic Member
    So now you know how invisibility runes work in the Dota2 universe? Like you said, every hero's invisibility spells are explained through quick reads on their descriptions, and it's a world of magic anyway, you can accept with things like that.
    You're saying he's camouflaging himself, not going anonymous; does that mean when things like shadow blade and smoke of deceit are used heroes just go anonymous and heroes like Tiny and Razor just walk behind the enemy insisting that they're just figments of their imagination because they don't have names?

The problem is that the anonymity jokes is as forced as the "trolololo" and "you mad bro?" lines, they make very little sense purely in the context of Dota2 and are only meant to appeal to people who know something about the internet. Valve could have made Troll jokes before, on heroes like batrider, rhasta, huskar, but they didn't, because they had something else to make their lines about, why couldn't they do the same with this guy?

I'm not saying other heroes don't make references to things that have been on the internet; Juggernaut, Dark Seer and clockwerk make references to the "I'M THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH" video, but that doesn't mean their entire lore is based around one comedy bit.
    Troll Warlord just lacks depth in those terms; he has way more nudges to troll jokes than any of the others heroes in the game. And I know there are less serious heroes in the game (Keeper of the light, gyrocopter, timbersaw, geomancer), but you don't see them trying to force in jokes about the old guy heroes needing diapers.

And again he doesn't say: Don't feed the enemy he says "Try not to feed" in general.
    Way to not read a thing I said. Try again shitcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterlord View Post
    Way to not read a thing I said. Try again shitcake.
    So because I didn't agree with you I'm an illiterate shitcake? Nice one.

The fact still stands, invisibility has nothing to do with anonymity.

Basic Member
    So because I didn't agree with you I'm an illiterate shitcake? Nice one.
    No, the fact that you sailed over my points and spouted the same stuff as your last twenty posts makes you illiterate.

The fact still stands, invisibility has nothing to do with anonymity.
    In a see-through sense, no it doesn't. In a "going unnoticed" sense, it has everything to do with it. If you wanted to sneak about a huge company, disguising yourself as a common worker will have you ignored just as often as being completely invisible.

Oh hey, guys.

Look at all this vitriol and mudslinging.

This is all totally conducive and useful.

It's surely not a waste of everyone's time.

In a see-through sense, no it doesn't. In a "going unnoticed" sense, it has everything to do with it. If you wanted to sneak about a huge company, disguising yourself as a common worker will have you ignored just as often as being completely invisible.
    But the disguising is a way of camouflage, blending in with the surroundings. I'm pretty sure the guys in disguises don't go around anonymously, they make fake names like: John Doe or John Smith in order to fool the eyes of others.

That's the issue, he doesn't say something like: Don't mind me I'm just another troll, he just says he's going anonymous.

No, the fact that you sailed over my points and spouted the same stuff as your last twenty posts makes you illiterate.
    I know I keep repeating myself a lot in these posts, but that's because it seems you sail through my points just as much.
    I may seem to go off on a tangent, but I'm just trying to show how ridiculous these lines seem in context of the fictional universe.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
    Oh hey, guys.

Look at all this vitriol and mudslinging.

This is all totally conducive and useful.

It's surely not a waste of everyone's time.
    Makes me wonder too. Since Valve didn't care about the polls about Troll's colours and Dotabuff, what's the point in me posting? False hope I guess.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
    but I'm just trying to show how ridiculous these lines seem in context of the fictional universe.
    you're not showing anything, you haven't proven any point, you just keep saying "memes suck, memes suck" in one way or another, people have told you one too many times that the lines blend well with the game but you won't swallow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post
    you're not showing anything, you haven't proven any point, you just keep saying "memes suck, memes suck" in one way or another, people have told you one too many times that the lines blend well with the game but you won't swallow it.
    So you're just skimming through on the feeding thing? And how ridiculous the concept of anonymity is related to invisibility? Can you imaginae any other hero saying these things?

You're just trying to tell me "Noone cares about this stupid shit, deal with it." There are just as many people making complaints about the lines as there are people liking them in this thread.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
    So you're just skimming through on the feeding thing? And how ridiculous the concept of anonymity is related to invisibility? Can you imaginae any other hero saying these things?

You're just trying to tell me "Noone cares about this stupid shit, deal with it." There are just as many people making complaints about the lines as there are people liking them in this thread.
    No other hero needs to say it because each hero has it's own personality and it's own way of speaking.

I'm aware there are more people that dislike it, but you don't see other people being as annoying as you, they dealt with it, but you think you can make a difference, I don't know why I'm bothering, you're a hopeless case, rant all you want, nothing is gonna change because of you, I'm done.

Valve must have added some mystic symbols or some crap like that to the lore because it's been pages since the two/three/who knows how many I didn't count of you have been arguing.

It's all the Troll's influence. Probably part of Valve's plan to conquer the world I bet, that's the best case scenario.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.