Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Party Privacy etc...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sl4t3r_gaming View Post
    Then too fucking bad. It's privacy and we can do what we want with our own data.

It's not your data; it's Valve's. Two, not only did Valve kill DBR, it essentially kills dotabuff as a site. Just because you're too scared to really see how you match up with the general population doesn't mean you should force the site to basically shut down.

Basic Member
    hurrr durr pls let me insult and be rude to ppl with less wins than me, if they hid it i woulddnt be able to do so pls volvo.

You're pathethic.
    Verdey - Former Initiator

As I'm french, I often make grammar and syntax mistakes. Please forgive me

Banned
    It's not your data; it's Valve's. Two, not only did Valve kill DBR, it essentially kills dotabuff as a site. Just because you're too scared to really see how you match up with the general population doesn't mean you should force the site to basically shut down.
    Good. I hated that site anyway. Yes it is our data, otherwise Valve would not have done it so that we could choose what happens with it. I for one am going to keep it open, for for other reasons than "hurr durr you are Bronze scum lelelelelellele"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sl4t3r_gaming View Post
    Too fucking bad for people who are complaining. This is an excellent move by Valve to let us chose how we want our data to be handled. Where is Streammix, i want to shove this in his face.
    That's cool and all, being able to choose. But public should really be the default setting. Most players won't care if their statistics are public or not... it's a fucking game. Also, like F2P suggests with all the casual players, many will never see this setting. In order for community driven projects like Dotabuff to function it is required though that the majority of the players enable their matchmaking history. Otherwise it would just be some elitist website with a couple of hardcore players circlejerking.

Yes to the option, no to it being private by default.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdey View Post
    hurrr durr pls let me insult and be rude to ppl with less wins than me, if they hid it i woulddnt be able to do so pls volvo.

You're pathethic.

How many people that argued against it would be willing to post up their account and compare it to the people who actually want DBR to go through and work? Exactly. The people that don't want it up are those who are self conscious about their ability to play the game for god knows what reason.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allbusiness View Post
    How many people that argued against it would be willing to post up their account and compare it to the people who actually want DBR to go through and work? Exactly. The people that don't want it up are those who are self conscious about their ability to play the game for god knows what reason.
    I don't want it. Check my account if DB makes their historic data public. I am willing to bet I am better than half the people that will post in this thread. Heck probably better than 2/3 that will post in this thread.

Don't use rating or whatever as the reason without backing it up with evidence.

Basic Member
    I'd just like to say I don't fully understand what valve's current change actually does. If all it does is simply disallow you to query a specific player's match history via their WebApi then business will continue as normal, your information is still public as the matches themselves are still accessible.
    What could also be possible is that entire matches are blocked if there is a person in them with privacy set to private. Might also be that only the players who have privacy set to private will have their match stats blocked out from every match they play.

Regardless of mechanism there is no reason for people who actually want to get better at this game to blind themselves to criticism in the form of numbers telling you where you stand. God forbid next game you call mid with sf your allies can't query your matches and see that you fed the last 20 games with him.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosseres View Post
    I don't want it. Check my account if DB makes their historic data public. I am willing to bet I am better than half the people that will post in this thread. Heck probably better than 2/3 that will post in this thread.

Don't use rating or whatever as the reason without backing it up with evidence.

Chea, and I play against Merlini/Aui_2k stacks, point? You're in the minority just like me. Point of the matter is, the vast majority of people that don't want it are the ones who think they are really better than they really are, saying shit like win percentage, stats, etc. don't matter. That's a load of crap. That's like saying your PPG in the NBA doesn't matter.

Banned
    I really hope this will allow me to play without getting diffamed by 3 players in my team who look at my match history, see all-OD, then say noob fucker, and put me on hardlane, then we lose because of that retarded decision.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allbusiness View Post
    Chea, and I play against Merlini/Aui_2k stacks, point? You're in the minority just like me. Point of the matter is, the vast majority of people that don't want it are the ones who think they are really better than they really are, saying shit like win percentage, stats, etc. don't matter. That's a load of crap. That's like saying your PPG in the NBA doesn't matter.
    I agree, there is a stat that matters. Who you win and lose against. I personally see no reason to know about it. Didn't need it in SC2 either. Both games share the same trait in that you can improve without checking anything. Replay analysing tools are truly useful though, will be interesting to see what people come up with in that category.