Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Incorrect] Fervor only applied after the second hit

Basic Member
    Personnaly i would say that this bug is related to the fact that current attack do not check of change in as, while performing (we can easily reproduce that with naix -attack, while attack is performing, use rage, see how the performing speed of the attack do not change till next attack-).

That's my 2 cents, but I didn't tested troll yet

Wow, I am fully convinced. Thanks chunky, that really helped me for relieving my wonder...

One think I can assure you all, is that Fervor charges do not increment on the START of an attack. They definitely increment at the ATTACK POINT of an attack.
    That thing is for sure. Else, it would be possible to max out your Fervor charges by attack-cancellation.

But then, there are two possible ways, explained here:

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1250628

Please do not comment on that linked thread unless you have some definitive information. An example of an non-definitive information; "it is a well known fact that it is the second possibility you have stated"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    One think I can assure you all, is that Fervor charges do not increment on the START of an attack. They definitely increment at the ATTACK POINT of an attack.
    That thing is for sure. Else, it would be possible to max out your Fervor charges by attack-cancellation.

But then, there are two possible ways, explained here:

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1250628

Please do not comment on that linked thread unless you have some definitive information. An example of an non-definitive information; "it is a well known fact that it is the second possibility you have stated"
    no it's not attack point, it's a beginning of the attack with cooldown(~.4s) which "prevents" maxing with attack cancellation. Try to spam S in wc3 dota for few seconds - and you will start attack target with already maxed fevor after that.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lunatic3k View Post
    no it's not attack point, it's a beginning of the attack with cooldown(~.4s) which "prevents" maxing with attack cancellation. Try to spam S in wc3 dota for few seconds - and you will start attack target with already maxed fevor after that.
    its not a big deal with that beginning, but there was an obvious bug that showed in dota 2, and its going to be fixed.
    fun fact which i noticed when i played troll and when it was stated in playdota was that u still have ur counters after u die until u hit the next target. no where does it say anywhere and i mean even wiki, that when u die it drops to zero, so u can die while killing rosh and go back with the same counter. but then again all those are not that big of an impact except when roshing u can spam that stop before aggroing him to get max counters. pretty useful to know imo.

DracoLich gave an answer with definitive information:

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showp...29&postcount=4

Quote Originally Posted by DracoLich
    first attack will reset counter to 1, not to zero.
    so, basically, its 20% bonus attack speed anytime, which will become higher while keep attacking 1 target
    [...]
    not an IAS given after 0.4 sec, but trigger cooldown is 0.4 sec.
    IAS given as soon at troll start frontswing
    So... Yeah. It is bugged.
    I think, as lunatic3k has said, the 0.4s cooldown thing is there to prevent it from incrementing stacks rapidly with attack-cancellation.
    Currently on Dota 2, it regards the Attack Point, which is the proper way of preventing it from incrementing stacks with attack-cancellation.

I think, they should fix the current state by changing the minimum Fervor stacks to 1.
    Then, I suppose, nothing else needs to be changed and it will be similar to the way it is on DotA.
    If the minimum Fervor stack was made 1, then each first attack would have the 20% IAS. And each second attack to the same target would have 40% IAS. And so on...
    Just as it was on DotA (without using any sort of attack-cancellation), if I got it correctly...

Great. So many bugs on troll still present and they released him in the main client.

please fix it for this week
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    I think, they should fix the current state by changing the minimum Fervor stacks to 1.
    Then, I suppose, nothing else needs to be changed and it will be similar to the way it is on DotA.
    If the minimum Fervor stack was made 1, then each first attack would have the 20% IAS. And each second attack to the same target would have 40% IAS. And so on...
    Just as it was on DotA (without using any sort of attack-cancellation), if I got it correctly...
    No, the real problem with the current fervor in dota 2 client is that it takes 2 attacks (to be performed) to get first charge, where it takes 1(0 actually, due to coding) attacks in dota 1.
    This means, that the third attack from troll will benefit from fervor in dota 2, while in dota 1, the first attack benefits from fervor (which is kinda stupid and would be better if it was the second one).

Incrementing at the start of animation vs attack point is not such a big deal (And honestly, makes more sense in dota 2, but is that way in d1 because of engine quirks... same with how spamming S/move command like an idiot used to brutally murder you against axe, while just chilling until call ended meant a lot less helix procs.) and it would probably better for the game, if the change was kept. (Making more sense)
    Last edited by Xarn; 01-29-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: quoted the post I responded to

AS Xarn said I woukd like Fervor applied after the 1st hit already.
    <-- My work is done, if this gets implemented
    Also: つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Soloqueue!
    Need some incentive to start a match of dota?
    http://getdotastats.com/sig/87346642.png
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Valve has abandoned the game! The game is now safe to leave.
    No statistics will be recorded.