Page 100 of 149 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1489

Thread: General Matchmaking Feedback Thread [READ OP]

Quote Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
    You know what is really wrong with this MM.

It is not the 50% goal.

The problem is that for make you stay at 50% MM doesn't make you play against stronger opponents. (what would be great)
    MM just makes you play with all the scum on this game, rage quitters, leavers, afkrs.

So that's why MM works that well.

Because if at minute 10, someone feed, someone quit, and someone is afk, how are you supposed to win?

A good MM would make players who are winning play against better players not play with worst teammates.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazingfist View Post
    they will keep defending it because its basically defending their self esteem (which is derived from a video game sadly).
    Not just from a game bro. Gotta flex on the game forums and let 'em know how much you earn. see sig
    Ignore-listed anyone with over 3,000 posts per year

Quote Originally Posted by AE86 View Post
    Not just from a game bro. Gotta flex on the game forums and let 'em know how much you earn. see sig
    You've already made it clear for us context is a difficult concept for you. No need to repeat yourself.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Inritus View Post
    Thinking the stats you listed will predict player personalities and behavior is nothing but delusional. Think we're done arguing here if that is your stance.
    If you think that by the habits and way to play a game you can not make an almost a perfect profile about the person playing the game, his personality and his behavior, and how it affects to the game. Then its me who says that we're done arguing here, since you have no knowledge about how relevant is that information and how to work with that information on a pattern.

Read more. No one deserves to be that simple about something that obvious on the Information Age.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    its*

Also,

Get better?

Take a look at this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Maybe the problem is YOU, not the MM system.
    Did you even read my post or just the last line? Nowhere am I claiming that it is any else's problem, I am merely pointing out that it is odd that since the patch was released, my win/loss ratio has taken a HUGE hit. I have always solo'd, haven't changed my game type, however it seems like the teams that I have been up against end up stomping me and my team.

I know the matchmaking isn't perfect (and it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to make it so), however I feel like I am being punished because I happen to have a higher win% then what is 'expected' (regardless of whether it is because of my personal skill level or my randomly assigned teammates' skill level).

Banned
    Which patch are you talking about?

I noticed that the quality of matches really gets horrible after a patch is released, they're probably changing the system constantly.

Right now the only solution is playing with friends.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazingfist View Post
    Offtopic.

Lol are you writing some kind of speech to the english queen, never seen such polished language from someone arguing about dota match making. might as well sign it off with his highness lol.
    Well, I only think that people who understand English properly should partake in the discussion since this forum is English, and anyone who does understands what I just wrote.
    It's also easier to filter responses from people who doesn't even bother, since they don't care enough to read it twice.

Basic Member

Exclamation Matchmaking is not working properly!

Hi,
    the matchmaking isn't matching me with good players. This problem was following me when they changed it in the past months. When it was changed I went from +10 wins to -20. Why? Because I always matchmake with guys that don't know to play and the enemy team gets best players so they finish the game in 20-35 mins (avg.).
    In late August, the problem stopped and I started winning some games. From -20 I went to +21 in about 1 month or so. However, this has started again. In the last weeks I started to loose in a really fast rate. I lost 14 out of 20 games that I played. (http://gyazo.com/00bde146eba699c996979f044ad66cd5). In these 14 games I failed 2-3 games so that leaves 11 games that I matched with players that don't know s***. Please Valve fix this or tell me what to do! I am now protesting and not playing Dota because when I see with who I get matchmaked I freak out!
    Your loyal player that has 1600+ hours of Dota,
    FrozenBrainz

----------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my YouTube channel, I have Dota 2 Tricks, bugs and much more!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FrozenBrainzWar3

Quote Originally Posted by FBrainz View Post
    Hi,
    the matchmaking isn't matching me with good players. This problem was following me when they changed it in the past months. When it was changed I went from +10 wins to -20. Why? Because I always matchmake with guys that don't know to play and the enemy team gets best players so they finish the game in 20-35 mins (avg.).
    In late August, the problem stopped and I started winning some games. From -20 I went to +21 in about 1 month or so. However, this has started again. In the last weeks I started to loose in a really fast rate. I lost 14 out of 20 games that I played. (http://gyazo.com/00bde146eba699c996979f044ad66cd5). In these 14 games I failed 2-3 games so that leaves 11 games that I matched with players that don't know s***. Please Valve fix this or tell me what to do! I am now protesting and not playing Dota because when I see with who I get matchmaked I freak out!
    Your loyal player that has 1600+ hours of Dota,
    FrozenBrainz

----------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my YouTube channel, I have Dota 2 Tricks, bugs and much more!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FrozenBrainzWar3
    Moved post to the matchmaking feedback thread. Your thread was also under the Economy Bugs section, clearly in the wrong place.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give FORUM RULES
    OKAY, HERE!
    ノ( ◕ _ ◕ノ)

If you have a problem, PM me or another moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by Inritus View Post
    You don't get put in LPQ for mute reports. What exactly is the problem in your example? They flame and get muted, they grief and get in LPQ, where they're with their peers just like you suggested earlier? (Separate griefer league).

Really don't understand how my first post made you think that. And, as this is the fourth time it will be my last attempt at explaining it for you: you stated failing at basics should warrant punishment, I told you even pro players can fall under your definition of bad play, thus it was not very reasonable. Whether it's only one guy or not (it's most definitely not, if it is true for a pro player it's true for many others) is irrelevant. One was enough to prove my point.

And how is this the fault of the matchmaking? It can only considering stuff before the match has started.
    Man are you kidding me i stated that not knowing the basics makes you a bad player not that "failing at basics should warrant punishment" i will add my statement at the bottom
    You miss understand me again i said that IF you grief you can grief in LPQ and you can grief in Muted mode and that the LPQ and mute dont handle GRIEFING well because you still can
    Grief and you can all so w8 for your LPQ/ Mute to expire .

My statement basics :Ok 1st of all If a player is "good" he would know how long to farm since even if he gets a hero he cant play he has played with that hero in his team or vs it and must know hes basics all so basic game strategy applyes to every hero and every game no matter the picks . So if a player gets a hero he cant play and fails at basic strategy he is not good to begin with ... Like if you play only carry and you get a support .. you must know " Ok get chick get wards ward / roam around defend my carry dont go alone dont get out of position " <- this apply to every hero in the role of support and all so to common sense ask your self this " when i carry what do i want from my support " Posts like yours realy show some ones skill since you think of dota as a Hero by hero game .. Its like saying a good driver cant drive a normal car and he can only drive a F1 car ..
    Last edited by MJK; 10-30-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    I used to be a mannered player but then i took a CYKA to the knee ! ValveKnights the new name for Scrub..