Page 148 of 149 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1487

Thread: General Matchmaking Feedback Thread [READ OP]

Basic Member
    5k mmr here, 6200 matches in dota 2. dota have the worst system balance for matchmaking, im leaving dota right now for this reason. if you change it i will be back. Good luck for all dota company, you suck.

my profile: http://www.dotabuff.com/players/58061593
    e859998e50.jpg

1cf6eb3b08.jpg

Last game playing solo in brasil server, with 2 philipines guys 1.5k mmr normal skilled match:

25f0ddcbe7.png

matchmaking need a heavy rework, you guys failed a lot in how you determine skill of players
    Last edited by Danielw8; 08-18-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quendishir View Post
    One of the biggest excuses we've gotten for why they refuse to implement region lock is because they can't "properly" locate people and put lock them to the proper region. Given that Valve has now automatically begun adding people to channels for the closest major metropolitan area, does this mean we are now going ot see Region Lock become a thing?
    1. Region lock is dumb.
    2. According to Valve my closest metropolitan area is in another country, even though i live just outside one of the largest cities in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    Hey, I know Valve doesn't read this and I actually have a better chance of spamming this on reddit to get their attention but please for gods sake what did you do to the normal matchmaking? The amount of new accounts every game is so freaking annoying, they don't give a crap if they feed or do whatever because they can just create a new account if they get throw in LP, i'm honestly sick of running into people who just randomly afk, buy a shadow amulet and sit in lane for the rest of the game because they are getting trashed.

The normal games are completely fucked and I haven't seen anybody complain about it, revert that dumb smurf detection threshold please.
    Last edited by DataPack; 09-22-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Basic Member
    It gives me the opportunity to play and talk with my friends and relax after work.

Dislikes:

All the rest.

Hi there.
    I'm playing DotA 2 since 2011 (6k hours, 5k mmr), and DotA since 2005 and now I can say with confidence that Valve ruining this game.
    I almost didn't play ranked games, because of "mania grandiosa" players there and lower mmr of my friends but love to play pub games.

I'm sure that now matchmaking is totally broken. Every game I have feeders/leavers/low level accounts in my team. These guys don't wanna play with team and play PVE DotA or start to fed enemy team and then leave. I always play to the end and do it well in any position - for 10 years it was possible to learn how to do it, you know.

Now I have 11 games losing streak on very high skill bracket (here you can see these trash) because of retards in my team and I don't even have the opportunity to send report or be sure that in next time I'll get adequate teammates, because you guys think that 3 report per week is enough.
    I always support you and what you do, wrote bug reports on github, bought compendium tickets and now you fuck me and other players too.
    Why Riot listen to players and trying to make the system more friendly and most rigid to the violators but you are do nothing except hats? Do you think that you already gained a critical mass of players and now can do whatever you want?

I'm leaving, and you stay with blunt schoolchildren and broken matchmaking. GJ Valve, continue to destroy the desire of adequate community play your game.

Basic Member
    - Matchmaking is more or less balanced and reflects the player's skill.

DISLIKES
    - Sometimes you play bad, but you get +25
    - Sometimes you play well, but you get -25.
    This reduces the motivation for the game and would like to see the contribution of each player is evaluated separately, and on this basis would have issued the rating, each different.
    Evaluation of the contribution of players already in the game - it's fantasy points. Would like to see on the basis of their ranking was compiled.
    Almost impossible to get minus points. Everyone will get the rating as how many points he scored. Most players will try to play to the end, to score points, or at least, not reduce them.

Full text:
    Spoiler: 
    Of course, right now the PMM system, without a doubt, is at a high stage of development - this can be seen by looking at the spread of ratings between players. At the top ranking players in the highest performance; the weak players have a rating below. This leads to the conclusion that a player's rating reflects its ability to play.

Nevertheless, I would like to offer innovation for PMM, with whom, presumably, some ranking problems will be solved.
    My suggestion - to issue rating on the basis of the received on the game Fantasy points.
    What will it give:
    1. The rule of capitalism. Everyone works for himself, and this whole system develops. Each will fight for your rating - for their fantasy points. This, presumably, reduce the sense of self-importance of the players - many no longer specifically feed, sell items, etc. - One to the very end of the game will try to fill his statistics (or at least not worsen it) - regardless of win / loss. Rises overall motivation of players.

2. Regardless of win / loss, each responsible for its own rating. VERY IMPORTANT: everyone understands that he is gaining the rating and after the game sees its rating change. When calculating this ranking every man will be playing in its forces, the motivation will be different.

3. Of course, the "punishment" of the loss will still be present - if the team on the game all bad - fantasy points to gain more complicated. In a lost game result, it is likely to be less points than won.
    In this case, if a player played very well even in losing the game (as Elder Titan in the screenshot) - he will get his due.

Under this system, the rating loss is practically impossible. Just someone will get more, while others - less.
    It can be argued that now the rating also depends on your level of play, and it will be true.
    But I want to increase the motivation of the players to play and win. If you play as the Elder Titan and lose - motivation falls. And if you play really bad and got a few rankings won the game - you will look for a problem in yourself. You see?

In such a system. it is practically impossible to lose the rating - fantasy points is almost impossible to drop to negative values. And I think that it is right - because in each game, the player receives at least minimal experience. Everyone will get the rating as much as it earned in each game.

PS .: The main point of all this - a change of players motivation. At this point, if a player goes lose streak - he can not help himself begins to play games while out of this hole did not pull out a successful team, or he will not make a huge effort of will.
    But if the player will be +25 +22 +10 +10 +10 20.6 10.3 11.3
    Instead of falling into depression, he realizes that if he wants results - we must try to play better, that rating was added faster.

PS2: Such a system is easy to test by running in parallel with the present, giving all players 0 points.

Match 2680460752
    Last edited by Fujin; 10-10-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujin View Post
    - Sometimes you play well, but you get -25.
    DISLIKES
    - Sometimes you play bad, but you get +25 ((
    - Matching party players with solo players.

Basic Member
    Dislikes
    - I am not matched with players with the same skill. The last 40 games were 9k MMR vs 100 MMR with me being on the winning or loosing team.
    This is f****** ridiculous. We either win 50:10 or loose 50:10. Nearly every game is that f****** random. Even if I play on the winning team it is not even a bit fun.
    When we are loosing enemy AM for instance has BF and Manta at ~ 12 mins because he is so well fed. When we are winning our Wyvern already has godlike spree because the enemy team is passive bot like.
    It's like playing against EG because my teammates don't have a f****** clue. One game I played TA and had 15:4, my team however had 0 kills so it was like 30:15 overall. It went "commend TA, TA pro, lolo TA Dendi?" Seriously?! I'm not f****** pro but this is playing with ppl who just installed Doto the first time.

EVERY 2nd game now is that sh*tty. I don't dare to play ranked atm because of this. I've been playing for 5 years now but this is something complete new!

I don't care about stats I play for fun but this is so ridiculous. Clearly the teams are NOT the same skillrange.

Fix
    - Please implement sth. that the teams are somewhat even. Very unlikely that every 2nd game has 5 9k MMR smurfs either on my team or on the enemy team.

Basic Member
    Here's one. I dislike that matchmaking stacks games against me nonstop, such that over the past several MONTHS I have a winrate of somewhere around 20%-30%

Doesn't even matter what game type I select. Ranked solo, unranked solo, ranked team, unranked team. Loss after loss after loss, with an occasional win usually because someone on the other side disconnected after first blood.

It's not fun anymore. I would like to know what about my account is being used as a metric to decide to constantly pair me with scrubs and against people who are far above my skill level.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999541533/ << this is me.

Fix my account please. Because I can't take this anymore. This game used to be fun. Now I come home from work and instead of relieving stress, I just make my stress even worse. Probably I should check my addiction and quit but LOL NOPE. I'll keep playing until I inevitably give myself an aneurysm.

Basic Member
    I've played on both EU East and West servers for a few years and had above 50% win rates. I've played on the South African server for another few years and also had 50% win rate. But then I came to the Australian server two years ago and found the matchmaking to be absolutely horrendous (both unranked and ranked). Iím around 3k mmr, yet I often find myself teamed up with players who donít know how to play their roles, or worse even their heroes. I normally play solo, and recently I was teamed up with a 3 stack who didnít know how to play their heroes and needed a coach to assist them. Iíve been playing Dota since 2012 and this kind of thing still happens?
    Ranked isnít any better. Often Iíd get 4k mmr teammates who perform very poorly, but then proceeds to flame us simply because weíre 3k mmr. The flaming and raging is even worse in international ranked since people get angrier when they lose their wagers or double down bettings, making international ranked really not fun anymore.
    Iíve attached a screenshot showing my recent 11-loss streak. Iíve been playing Clinkz a lot because of the daily hero challenge from the battle pass. I was 10-8 with Clinkz before this streak, but thanks to the terrible matchmaking it is now 10-17.
    Streak.png

TL DR
    Please fix both unranked and ranked matchmaking, especially on the Australian server.
    And please improve the reporting system so we can minimize the serverís toxic community.

Basic Member
    I would love if a developer could just confirm/refute this; Does Behavior score affect the matchmaking? / Does having a low Behavior Score make you get matched with toxic teammates?

A huge portion of the playerbase is just fixated that they're stuck in some ''hidden pool'' because they have low behavior score, and which affects their mmr.

a yes or no is good enough, details would be welcome though.