Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149
Results 1,481 to 1,489 of 1489

Thread: General Matchmaking Feedback Thread [READ OP]

Basic Member
    - recently added requirement to associate phone number to play ranked. I want to play at my skill level and some players with low mmr smurfs bored.
    dislikes:
    - recent increase hidden pool(shadow ban) duration. I buy all battle passes since ti6 BP. We all know, 90% battle pass owners complete their quests and spend chips via abuzing. But why purchasing battle pass cause promplems:
    cant play ranked MM (permanent game finding)
    Attachment 50148
    normal matches can be finded, but bad quality matches, playing with same players, long queue time. playing vs bots
    Attachment 50149 (match id is 3295707731, more examples: 3295869091, 3192960342. best example 3291169725.)
    Before TI7 battle pass its lasts 2 days. but now its lasts more then 2 mounts. Totals i purchased battle pass, now i cant play on my account.
    I undestend, when players gets this for permanent time for abuzing MMR or upgrating account level using bots, but not for abuzing battle pass, when 90% battle pass owners do same.

What you can do? Decrease "hidden pool" duration back to 2 days, or at least to week. Remove this restriction from affected acconts (why player purchased BP and when he wants to upgrade his battle bass, gets this restrictions?).

Basic Member
    I would like to point out that the server setup from SA is pretty bad in its current state, Chile and Peru both have their individual servers even tough they speak spanish wich is the most common language in SA, but the Brazil server doubles as the SA server despite Brazil only spoken language being portuguese so this couple with portugeuse not being a avaliable language as primary matchmaking one leads to anywhere from 2 to 4 people in my teams that speak only spanish. These issues could easily be fixed by making the Brazil server its own and moving the SA server to either chile or peru ones and making any language avaliable for dota as a primary for matchmaking purposes such as brazilian portuguese.

Basic Member
    You really should implement a significant ELO decrease for inactivity. Dota 2 changes so fast (the metagame, the average skill), if you take a break for a year there is no chance you are at the same skill level. We played a lot of Dota MM years ago (3k games), but only very few games in the last 3 years (about 300 games in total). For these games, our winrate is about 35 %, not fun for us and also the other players. The ranked season were a step in the right direction, but the problem still exists in unranked MM.
    Last edited by Sieg0r; 12-01-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Basic Member
    No one posts here anymore, all the feedback is going to the front pages of the MISC section. Close this thread.

Basic Member
    Matchmaking still needs much improvement. I've played Dota 2 since 2012 and have more than 3000 hours play time. Yet I still find myself getting matched with completely new players and smurf accounts. It gets frustrating, especially since the smurf accounts use this as an opportunity to be as toxic as possible with no fear of consequences. They use the excuse that even if they do get reported and sent to low priority, they can just create a new account.

Suggestion: create a new matchmaking pool for new players. Genuinely new players can upgrade from the newbie pool by fulfilling certain conditions, e.g. reaching a certain level with their profile, winning a certain number of matches, and winning 3 games each with 50% of the heroes (helps them become familiar with the game).

Then also create another matchmaking pool for just new accounts. This pool will consist of only players who have played 10 games or less. With this, smurf players who continuously create new accounts will start with the same experience each and every time.
    Last edited by O.M.E.G.A; 09-18-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Basic Member
    -Matchmaking generally matches same skilled people which is great

DISLIKES:
    -Matchmaking rules are too strict, because my behaviours score is F on my account and it only matches other people with this behaviour. So I have been trying to search for games and unable to get any matches. I am talking about searching for 50 mins without finding a single game and I am not even in Low Priority Even the racist scumbag people in Low Priority are finding games whilst I am not. I literally can't play the game and THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE.
    ***So what you (Dota 2 devs) can do is make the rules less strict or make it so that after 15 mins of searching then place the person in a high priority search so that the person will find a game. In League of Legends if you are in their Low Priority then they make you search for 20 minutes and when it passes then a normal search starts and then you find a game in about 2 minutes after the 20 minutes of search. So you will never search for longer than 24 minutes. Dota 2 should incorporate this because I am not finding any games. I am trying to improve my behaviour and get my behaviour score up, but I can't.
    -The matchmaking keeps on resettings. It is very irritating that the search timer resets. Please stop this. At the moment I search for 40 mins, it resets, search for 20 minutes, it resets and keeps on going on like this.

Basic Member
    -It matches people with around same mmr, not a big difference between them.
    -A lot of options to chose from, turbo, drafts and so on.

DISLIKES:
    -Even with behavior score on Normal, i still get matched with people who are really toxic (have a lot of pictures to prove it if needed), and some of them i added as friends since they were okay players, just to find out they are C and D. How come is that possible.
    -For ranked roles, most of the time even with 500k+ players online, it takes around half an hour to find a match. I got some pictures that prove me waiting 99:00 minutes, and it cant go pass that mark. So yes, that sucks..if it could go to 120 minutes, i might would find a game then.
    -Matched with cheaters, boosters, smurfs. Boosters and Smurfs are not a problem, since i can mostly outplay them..but they are problem nonetheless. Cheaters are the biggest problem, as people commonly take them as smurfs and boosters.
    -A lot of options to chose from, as i said in LIKES. THis sometimes can be totally unnecessary, since some of these games are not played at all, or very little. Captains mode, lets say, Single Draft...
    -Matched with people of lvl 15 on profile. How can you compare a lvl 15 profile to a 180 lvl profile? Maybe that account got boosted to that rank, maybe its an ebayaccount... Dont match us with 150- account levels, thats just sad.
    -If you get a DC, and team dont pause, and Steam gets some weird bug "cant connect"..you get an Abandon.
    -If you get a game of ranked roles in 99:00 minutes, and you have 2 supports on your team..why can they chose heroes that are not supports, like jugger and pa lets say? Why are they able to chose from entire hero pool? And why can a offlane role pick Puck, Meepo or Invoker? So they can cry later why they cant hold the lane? I dont get it Valve, help us understand.
    -Getting matched with same people. If i ignore someone, its clear that i dont want to play with them. Why do i get next match with them in a same team? Why does that keep happening? It says you have peak 700k players this month, not 100 players.

How to fix these issues? I dont know. You are Devs, not me. If you want, you could and can find a way.

Basic Member
    How fair is that man with 0 day old account and 3 games is able to play with people with around 5k games???
    He predictably picked pudge, went to mid, fed 3 times to storm and left!
    Perfect matchmaking system...
    Match id#4966123897
    Last edited by Iiawko; 08-14-2019 at 01:14 AM.

Constantly matched with russkis help!