Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: General Matchmaking Feedback Thread [READ OP]

- MatchMaking is pretty fast
    - lot's of regions with pretty good ping
    - I like that Valve doesn't give any official stats for heroes and items % win ratio. Im not against player rating itself, but these other stats have imo very bad influence on players mindset. From my experience players tend to flame much more if their teammates pick heroes that have low % win ratio on some rating site, or use item build which is not the most popular. Im very happy that there's no stats and I hope it will stay this way.

DISLIKES:

- that we Lack of real solo queue. I dont like to be forced to play with or against stacks when I sign to play alone. I wish there was an option to avoid game with / against stacks. I dont mind waiting longer for such game. From my experience games with / against stacks have a lot more early ganks and map control, but only on one side which lead to very snowbally and boring game.
    - that we Lack of ranked real solo queue and team queue. I'd like to have an option to play with players who like to have some kind of rating visible. Also it should not mix real solo players with stacks.
    - that we Lack of personal player blacklist. I realize that this may lead to abuse, but im asking only for limited blacklist. I want to have an option to block up to 3 players from being matched with me in the same team. I believe that such option would help a lot, because it's very fast and you can get rid of very serious griefers and trolls who destroy your items etc before reports will kick in. This doesn't happen very often that's why I ask only for very small list to prevent potential abuse.
    - I dislike the fact that players who dc have only 5min to comeback in pub game. This have very nagative impact on my mood and I wish it would get changed to 10min in pub games (in ranked it can stay 5min, because obviously such games are more important)
    - that we lack MM mode where every player can ban one hero and then pick from the rest of the pool.
    Read this if you want to know why so many games is very one sided: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post436467

Basic Member
    - nothing coz its not competitive game with matchmaking

dislikes

- huge amount of noobs and leavers from other moba - forced to make 2 accounts 1 for cm with team and other for LPQ
    - people i get are not my skill bracket, they are way too low (checked on dotabuff some had public accounts)
    - cant ban ppl i dont wanna queue with, no blacklist
    - 1/20 games are balanced and ppl dont act like total kids/jerks
    - cant see on which factor this mm is based on
    - even if i dont flame ingame i still get reports more often then recommends.
    - when solo queuing its like 40% chance to get paired with stack or vs stack - causes total disbalance
    - most of games are finished in 15 min, thus dota was supposed to has slower progress then LoL (caused by disbalance from mm)

solution

- team should be paired from smaller bracket of players. Bring more factors to mm rating system. Tell ppl what are the factor, so ppl like me can focus on them to progress and play bigger quality games.
    Last edited by eragon1111; 01-25-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Basic Member
    Like:

-I like that it is fast

Dislike:

-I do not like that it is not a fair matchmaking.

Let me guide you on one instance, my brother and I queued together and met....(tada!) a 4-man team. What is this? The Matchmaking system should be improved in a way that a 4-man stack team will only be matched against a 4-man stacked team. The logic behind this is that a stacked team know each other and sometimes play together in one house/internet shop giving them the advantage of teamwork then you will further their advantage to win by vying them against people who don't know each other. And most of the time when I solo queue (emphasis on MOST OF THE TIME) I am matched against a team of 3-4 and sometimes 5. Some people would say that maybe it's because your team also has a stack. I do check my allies dotabuff and the recent match I had against a 4-man stack I had two, yes just two, team mates who knew each other. It's like: Okay, let's take this 2-man team and three random people who do not know each other and matched them against this 4-man team and a random person and let see who will win. Seriously? It's like your matching a group of people you picked on the streets against an NBA team. This is the only reason I find Dota 2 sucks. And this is rather getting annoying because my recent games are up against teams and the sole reason why I registered on this site. I thank you.
    Last edited by EarlMorax; 01-25-2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: added space before paragraph

Basic Member
    - You can choose what server to play.

dislikes

- It doesn't protect you from playing against people from another region...
    - You have 1000 games played and you can play with players who just started to play.
    - It doesn't matter how much games you have, if you lose some, you're going to play with guys who is just starting, it's boring.

solution

- If you select just one region to play, you're going to play with people who made same choice... if a player selected two regions, you can't enter in same games.
    - Make the machmaking choose players who have same amount of games played, or at least same level, it's much better play with a player who has 500 wins and 1000 losts than a player who has 1 win and 2 losts, it's obvious. Less chance for quiters since players with more games like to play dota and players with just one game are just knowing dota... if a player wanna get out of players who are low level, just play and rise your level.
    - A Ban list would be great too. No, it isnt abuse, just learn to play better... It's much more fun to lose a game with everyone playing ok than enter in a game when you play 5x3 and have one with 0 / 12 / 0 on your side.
    Last edited by JegueWar; 01-25-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Basic Member
    Like:
    -Fast match finding
    -You do feel as though winning games gives you better teammates and you do feel like you are advancing up a ladder

Dislike:
    -Being matched against premade/stacked teams
    -Russian problem: communication is horrendous with these players on your team

The BIGGEST problem for me and many others in this community is that of unbalanced team matchmaking.

Quite often a group of 5 solo queueing players or a single group of 2 friends will get matched against a 5 stack. Completely unfair. Also a 3 stack + a 2 stack does not equal the skill of a 5 stack. Same as a 4 stack vs a 5 stack where the players in the 5 stack have less wins. It still doesn't really balance out because communication advantage rises exponentially with the number of players who you are friends with.

PLEASE FIX THIS

Solution:
    -Add an option for solo players to only get matched vs other solo players, only match 5 man stacks with other 5 man stacks. League of legends has a matchmaking system slightly similar to this with the 5 stack matching and the complaints you get in dota, do not happen in that game.
    -Encourage russian players to play on russian-speaking servers
    Last edited by Scherou; 01-25-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Basic Member
    Sorry foe my english.

DISLIKES
    - I dislike being matched with people whose skill is lower than my
    If they in my team i just hate them for ruining my game (wasting my time on bad game) and feeding, if they are in enem team, game just boring
    What you can do: dont match low-skill people with higher-skill people?
    - I dislike that matchmaking tries to make win lose ratio 50\50 (atleas i think it tries to)
    Before Valve killed dotabuff, my longest lose/win streaks was 8/8. My friends lose/win streak also was x/x ( same numbers ).
    After i have some good games, i know that i gona have a bad time soon ( and its always happens, dunno, if its because of random, or matchmaking actually tries to make my win\lose raio 50/50 )
    - I dislike that there is no way to tell if you improve or not ( only my own opinion, but i mean some numbers and statistics )
    - I dislike that we lack of real solo queue - Dota is the game, where even 2 ppl stack can make a diffenece, and having real SOLO queuу would be a good option
    Last edited by Sirin111; 01-26-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Basic Member
    Like:
    -Decently fast

Dislike:
    -Getting matched with people that aren't really good at the game (lack of basic knowledge like lane control, creeppulling etc), just capable of playing a few heroes well.

Solution:
    -Change the way players are ranked and take into account informations like hero-diversity, warding etc, so people that are only able to play a few strong heroes to get a high winrate won't plague my games.

Basic Member
    Like:
    - Mostly even games.
    - Decently fast search.
    - Good ping.

Dislike:
    - No way to setup picks/lanes due to language barrier. The rest of the game you can communicate with pings, drawings and to an extent the pre-defined text strings that switches language. This results in games where people expect the wrong lanes and can't see where people go due to the pick screen taking up the entire screen. The suggestion feature shows it has been thought about, but it is far from useful. Especially in modes such as SD where you can't select ally heroes to recommend as far as I know.

Basic Member
    its ok. though there are a lot of imbalances in matches

dislikes:

russians. its not that im racist or something, but it is a problem that those russians are everywhere and that you cannot communicate with them. almost non of them speak or understand english and they're totally incapable of teamplay. (not understanding each other MIGHT be the problem.

Solution:

1. ip block them to their server! i know it sounds hard but noone likes them because they dont wanna integrate with us. they dont like us, they dont wanna deal with us and they never speak any other language than russian. if they dont wanna deal with us why am i forced to deal with them?
    2. a good start would be to prohibit the cyrillic alphabet. or maybe make those signs only available on the russian server. maybe they'd talk less russian if they dont have their own alphabet.

Basic Member
    In addition to MM I would like Valve to release tools so that people can start making their own leagues within the game client.

Leagues have been a huge part of Dota history and I think they can still work in a freemarket sort of way. Tehy compete for user friendliness, MM accuracy, exclusiveness etc.