Page 41 of 149 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast

Thread: General Matchmaking Feedback Thread [READ OP]

Basic Member
    Dislike:
    Insane number of 5 man stacks in opponent resulting in (mostly) The International style games (albeit one-sided). Allies at most composed of a pair of stackers and other solo queues or worse, 5 solo queues.

Basic Member

Dislikes:
    - Long queue times in less popular game modes. After a couple of declines the search times can become extremely long.
    - Despite the long waiting times, the quality of the games is often low.
    - If you're unable to make the matchmaking work, at least give us low queue times in that case.
    - It seems that solo games can differ from stacks quality wise. Before I got good games from being in a stack, nowadays it's just loss after loss. Solo games seem to be better now.
    - You can get matched against the same stack right after getting stomped by them, resulting in another clear loss.

Quote Originally Posted by 5chneemensch View Post
    I will feed couriers and myself now in every one-sided game.
    Please dont do that. I got a better idea.
    If the enemy team is fountain camping and abusing us. this is what i do
    1) buy a tp and a smoke. In some cases one tower will be still standing.
    2)tp to that tower. Smoke up. Go to enemy jungle.
    3)Farm the enemy jungle. Till the throne dies.

Note -> Do the above, only and only when the enemy team is fountain camping and you dont have a force staff.

Scenario 2 (you have a force staff)
    Encourage your whole team to buy it and tear apart their greedy little butts by forcing them into the fountain.

Basic Member
    I think it works reasonably well. I have one idea though: a volatile player score.
    The problem I have with MM and one of the reasons I think it is hard to find the true skill of someone is the phenomenon of snowballing. I play in the lower part of the bracket "high" which if I understand it correctly should be something 60-70 percentile. We all kind of suck. The thing is that aggressive volatile players oftentimes makes or breaks the game. (this is even more true the lower you go skillwise I seem to remember)

Example: Worst case. Plays aggressive hero every game (BS, SB, etc.). Tries extremely dangerous ganks. When he succeeds he snowballs and wins the game. When he fails he feeds and loses the game. This hypothetical player is so aggressive that these are the only outcomes. MM will place him in a skill where he wins and loses roughly 50% of the time. But since he is such a volatile player, these games will say nothing of the other players.

Now imagine there are alot of these players. This will create unneccessary noise in the matchmaking. The idea to fix it is simple. Players that play in a large share of games that is predicted falsely by the matchmaking system gets higher volatility score and vice versa. High volatility in a match? Less effect on the players' in that match MMR.

This might be incredibly incorrect or incredibly obvious and already implemented. I just had the idea so I thought I'd share it.

Basic Member
    Clearly the Dota devs don't play their own game because if they did, there would be a Spanish language matchmaking filter added by now.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkstrider View Post
    What fucking stealth patch just went down? Now you have to select a language you can't leave it blank? So you're forcing all the fucking mexicans to que english? Really? Motherfucking Really? Trying to piss off the mexicans and the fucking americans? Just fucking piss off as many people as possible and see what happens? What the fuck? How fucking stupid do you have to be? Why the fucking hell not make a fucking spanish language selection you fucking lazy pieces of shit. What fucking stupid motherfucking reason could you fucking possibly have to not fucking have a motherfucking spanish language option yet?
    Tienes problemas?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkstrider View Post
    What fucking stealth patch just went down? Now you have to select a language you can't leave it blank? So you're forcing all the fucking mexicans to que english? Really? Motherfucking Really? Trying to piss off the mexicans and the fucking americans? Just fucking piss off as many people as possible and see what happens? What the fuck? How fucking stupid do you have to be? Why the fucking hell not make a fucking spanish language selection you fucking lazy pieces of shit. What fucking stupid motherfucking reason could you fucking possibly have to not fucking have a motherfucking spanish language option yet?
    That's beautiful. And true. But more beautiful than true.

Basic Member
    I have a suggestion for the abandoning issue that affect the gameplay...

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=88696

Basic Member
    - Basically Dota 2 is a fantastic game when the teams are balanced.

Dislikes:
    - Matchmaking has become worse and worse. Last 20 games, 7 wins and 13 losses, most of them stomps. In the last 100 games I have 39 wins and 61 losses. My win rate used to be 51 %, now it's below 50 % and still dropping. For some reason the matchmaking keeps giving impossibly difficult games despite heavy losing streaks and doesn't adjust.
    - 5 man stacks are still matched against smaller stacks.
    - Long queue times despite selecting several game modes (not AP) and both EU servers.
    - Players that have been reported in the previous game can appear in the same team next game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superego View Post
    - Basically Dota 2 is a fantastic game when the teams are balanced.

Dislikes:
    - Matchmaking has become worse and worse. Last 20 games, 7 wins and 13 losses, most of them stomps. In the last 100 games I have 39 wins and 61 losses. My win rate used to be 51 %, now it's below 50 % and still dropping. For some reason the matchmaking keeps giving impossibly difficult games despite heavy losing streaks and doesn't adjust.^
    Id rather say its you then. Why should MM be against you, specifically?
    - 5 man stacks are still matched against smaller stacks.
    if you absolutely cannot stand that, there is solo MM. At least you will play with 9 like minded persons, who believe MM is against them and made to make them lose and everyone else but them is bad.
    - Long queue times despite selecting several game modes (not AP) and both EU servers.
    - Players that have been reported in the previous game can appear in the same team next game.
    Maybe it really is time for a blacklist
    Also, your name already displays why you are losing.