Page 51 of 149 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: General Matchmaking Feedback Thread [READ OP]

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowcrown View Post
    Dislike -
    In solo MM, me with 200-300 wins, matched against someone with 800 wins.
    What makes you think that someone with 800 wins is different from you in skill, without looking at anything but the number of his wins?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbaz View Post
    What makes you think that someone with 800 wins is different from you in skill, without looking at anything but the number of his wins?
    The fact he completely owned me and my team with Invoker.

Basic Member
    Dislikes
    -I've noticed a significant drop in quality of players matching.
    1-2 months ago over 90% of my matches were really enjoyable and ended with a 5 star report on my side.
    This month i get ppl who has no idea about hero roles, trolls or just suck feed and go full braindeath. and i get like 1-2 of them EVERY SINGLE GAME, seriously i didnt put 5 stars after match in like 30 matches period straight.

I'd like to clear out that this is not a balance issue. There is a fair number of those players both in my teams and the opposite. The issue is it just isn't fun to play with idiots (trolls, rookies, feeders, gg go next guys etc.) in either team. and i get far more of em lately

Solution
    -Whatever has been changed in mm in last few weeks, please revert it. Game was way more fun to play before it
    -add a personal blacklist option into mm (short list of ppl who i never want to play again with (or against ) )
    I'd seriously rather wait in queue for 30 minutes than play these idiot filled matches

PhantomLancer
    not op at all...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbaz View Post
    Sometimes number of wins matters. Huge number of games can mean insights that can only be gained through experience. I have been teamed with a guy who has 29 wins against players with over 1,000 wins. Clearly there is a huge discrepancy there.

Banned
    Don't try and judge someone's skills from their stats, the only real measurement was DBR (granted its not super accurate itself, its the best number to judge a player's skill after a decent number of matches) - people with a 52% win rate could be 1300 rating, and another with the same win rate might be 2000. KDA can also be misleading at times as well.

But there are certainly times when the MM seems to fuck up massively, and I took an example from one of my matches, where it was 5 solo queue vs a 5 stack. I was on the radiant as solo queue, this was just my 9th match, with 4 wins and 4 losses. Our ally, Naga had 0 wins and 5 losses. The rest of our team was 600-800 or something matches with ~52% in rate, and our opponents were a 5 stack of 300-1000 match players with 49-51% win rate, clearly something was wrong there.

Anyway

DISLIKE
    -Massive changes in average player skill in every match
    -Majority of games are a stomp, one way or the other

Quote Originally Posted by you_got_fukt View Post
    Don't try and judge someone's skills from their stats, the only real measurement was DBR (granted its not super accurate itself, its the best number to judge a player's skill after a decent number of matches) - people with a 52% win rate could be 1300 rating, and another with the same win rate might be 2000. KDA can also be misleading at times as well.

But there are certainly times when the MM seems to fuck up massively, and I took an example from one of my matches, where it was 5 solo queue vs a 5 stack. I was on the radiant as solo queue, this was just my 9th match, with 4 wins and 4 losses. Our ally, Naga had 0 wins and 5 losses. The rest of our team was 600-800 or something matches with ~52% in rate, and our opponents were a 5 stack of 300-1000 match players with 49-51% win rate, clearly something was wrong there.

Anyway

DISLIKE
    -Massive changes in average player skill in every match
    -Majority of games are a stomp, one way or the other
    a) What makes you believe Dota MMR doesnt use a system like DBR?
    b) If you use a DBR, new players will start off with an average amount of points, then decrease or increase depending on their performance. Pretty much like LoL. So your sheer amount of wins means nothing, apparently you just didnt manage to leave the newcomer ratio in all those games you played.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Automedic View Post
    a) What makes you believe Dota MMR doesnt use a system like DBR?
    b) If you use a DBR, new players will start off with an average amount of points, then decrease or increase depending on their performance. Pretty much like LoL. So your sheer amount of wins means nothing, apparently you just didnt manage to leave the newcomer ratio in all those games you played.
    a) Because there are ridiculous matches very often.
    b) So you think that my rating, and Naga's rating was similar to those players? In most other games, your total games played are relevant when putting you into the right matches early on, where you will only be paired with newer players up till a certain point or earlier if you pass a certain threshold, then you play with whoever has a similar rating.

Anyway, here was that match:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/93233520

Obviously this is much later so the stats are different now, but it was 5 solo queue players, my 9th match (4W/4L) and Naga was 0 WINS and 5 losses, and there is absolutely no way either of should have been in that match. Yes the rating may have been similar, but its not appropriate for a player with 0 wins to be playing against a 5 stack of players that have 300-100 matches played. Or do you think that this is acceptable?

Also if they are using a rating system, its not a good one. Please tell me how these teams are balanced:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/197861474

There is a 3 stack on Radiant who have 548-754 matches played with 62-63% win rate, and then they have another player who has 35 matches...look at my team of 5 solo queue players, where not one of us comes even remotely close to them. And its not like the 3 stack of players has a low rating either, they have matches against players like r1sk..

This game had some interesting opponents as well...

http://dotabuff.com/matches/166158398

Basic Member
    there are no words that can describe my hate to this matchmaking.

hurry up and improve it already. advice to improve it ? start from 0
    do some research from other games,
    the system you have right now is so horrible that i cant even make jokes about it.

i play this games since 2 years and i can count the players of similar skill lvl on my team with my hands. and that in 1800 games

Banned
    What's the point of this thread if we are going to get zero feedback?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by obro View Post
    What's the point of this thread if we are going to get zero feedback?
    otherwise there would be hundreds of threads about it . i think the only purpose this thread serves is to keep the forum clean.